Is Ben Brown worth $1,000,000+?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown = Six goals today
Daniher = 1 goal

Brown is just as good if not better than Daniher.
Matt and Brad Crouch>selwood and dangerfield. More possessions this week. So they are better

I can be purposely obtuse as well

Happy he is at North and would love him to stay as I believe he can be a consistant 60+ goals a season player, but if it takes a million dollars to pry him away, then his trade value to us would be just as great, as he would have to be worth a first round draft pick.
Of course he's a first round pick. Talls a bit hit and miss in the draft, he's proven with a long career ahead of him.

Will be interesting if North use up 15-20M of there salary cap on a handful of players and the likes of Brown start asking for more $. I suppose the youth of Waite will hold them in good stead.

Nobody is winning a flag with Brown
Would have been well suited to the 80s/90s style football
Is a liability in today's game as his opponent has a free run off him
Will continue to kick bags against ordinary opposition
You've learnt the hard and expensive way I guess. I completely disagree with you. Not sure how you can knock the bloke leading the Coleman when all underneath him you'd find a spot for I'd say.

This is the silly way of thinking that exists in the AFL.

People don't want to pay $1m a year for Kennedy who kicks 80 goals a year when they can pay $1m a year to get some 23 year old who might be as good as Kennedy in a few years.
Exactly. If JK wanted to come to Melbourne I'd give Weidemann and our first pick. I'd then pay Kennedy $1,000,000 a year for 3 years as we have a flag opportunity.

Statistically they aren't that different. Daniher has more games and more goals. They average about 1.7-1.8 goals a game a piece.
And dahiner averages more of everything else.

Not knocking brown because hes finally found consistency which he's always lacked. But Daniher is a more complete player in every way.

Exactly. If JK wanted to come to Melbourne I'd give Weidemann and our first pick. I'd then pay Kennedy $1,000,000 a year for 3 years as we have a flag opportunity.

The youth thing is out of control. Hence the contracts for Boyd & Scully and the numbers bandied about for Josh Kelly.

GWS were a special case but effectively paid Scully $1m a year for a few years until he became a good player. Other sports would look at it and think WTF?

One thing that pleases me about FA is that some big contracts have gone to guys who have already played 8 seasons and are theoretically in their prime. Martin, Fyfe, Danger (accepted unders because he wanted Geelong) etc. should be the highest paid players in the comp because they are the best players in the comp. Josh Kelly is having a great year but North were talking about paying him $1m a year months ago. Madness.

I would think not, he's a very good lead-mark forward if he can lead in a straight line. Not agile enough, or good at ground level, as required in the modern key forward.
That said, with the cap jumping perhaps as much as 20% as of next year there will be quite a few $1m players going around. And with the cap minimum still in place - big jump in overall payments was an opportunity missed o lower the floor in percentage terms - its not like we have anyone else worth paying big money to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher is a gun, the knocks on him are absurd, you won't find me stooping to that bullshit.

But, gee, I hope we get around to extending Bens contract soon.

You've learnt the hard and expensive way I guess. I completely disagree with you. Not sure how you can knock the bloke leading the Coleman when all underneath him you'd find a spot for I'd say.

Why do u think spuds like Pederson are valued more highly than a second ruckman?

Honestly if tom boyd is worth alot of money ben brown should. He should just leave north and get $$$$

But if he stays i hope north dont rob him.

He should get as much as kurt tippet andt om boyd

Paying big bucks to kpf is where its at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back