Is Ben Brown worth $1,000,000+?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how many people in this thread actually go to a North game, live, sit on level 3 so you can actually see how teams structures set up, and see how opposition teams run off him and rebound past him when the ball hits the deck? Like, not going to fault the bloke for kicking 47 goals or whatever, he has to kick them, but for a pound-for-pound, goal-for-goal basis, he's surely one of the least valuable key forwards in the league - he simply has to be kicking 3 goals a game to make up for the fact that he's probably conceding 2 with his inability to help his team's forward pressure/press. People saying he's worth a million, 800k etc, I'm just glad you're not working for an AFL club and coming up with game plans to help teams win or being list managers giving players money.
You can sit and watch all you like but I think your kidding yourself if you think you know much about footy

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

You can sit and watch all you like but I think your kidding yourself if you think you know much about footy

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Funny when clubs like the Dogs recruit key forwards to just contest and are too desperate to care whether they kick 1-5 monthly.

Like boring old Roos says, the taking of opportunity is priceless. The Daniher X factor comes at a price, same as Fyfe/Danger or even Buddy at times.

If North were up and about with Harvey and Brown in this form...

Tall poppy quite strong at North these days so it won't take many average games for there to be game plan/decoys/injuries/4 other talls/confidence to bring Browny back to earth a bit. Need to build around not reach around.

Kicked 6 today and is equal leader for the Coleman (Franklin still to play) in a team 2nd from the bottom.

Has all the key attributes of a power forward:
  • Height
  • Strength
  • Arm length
  • Marking ability
  • Knows where to lead
  • Accurate shot for goal
Pretty much all you can ask for, doesn't do as much around the ground or ruck as much as someone like Daniher but he is a force for sure.

Turns 25 this year and out of contract at the end of 2018.

I have no idea what his contract is right now but surely he is worth big bucks.
The club should be trying to extend his contract for another 2 or 3 years now before his price goes through the roof.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's twice the player Tippett is at under half the cost. I uunderstand your anger. R U OK?

Someone is hurt Dusty is leaving. You still have Prestia.
You can't compare him to the most overpaid player in the competition...thats just unfair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure how to value him.

Is a great traditional mark and goal type ff but is almost too limited for the modern game.

Would be worth 700k to a team with a quality forward line and/or gameplan that can play around his lack of mobility.

Not exactly young?

He is 25 you .

If you think he is a mark or nothing player, then you do not watch many of his games. Great below the knees and very agile for such a big man.
To be fair Browny is in such good marking/kicking form at the moment he did seem unusually focused on the essentials yesterday.

Hard to complain but he certainly is capable at ground level.

Not sure how to value him.

Is a great traditional mark and goal type ff but is almost too limited for the modern game.

Would be worth 700k to a team with a quality forward line and/or gameplan that can play around his lack of mobility.
Yea, not too limited to make quality tall defenders useless and angles irrelevant. Not a bad place for a 25 year old.

"Only worth half that". By god some people are ludicrous. Are you telling me a forward who will kick at least 50 - 60 goals a year consistently for the next 4 years wont command AT LEAST 700k?

Ben Brown IMO is your classic money ball.

If he was a top 3 draft pick people would be raving about how specials he is and huge money offers would be everywhere.

Taken so late in the draft he doesn't have the same aura around him.

He is EASILY worth 1 million with today's current pay scale. Want a new mid? Easy get the next one who comes out of contract. Sadly key forwards are hard to find. If Collingwood offered him 1 million i would be very very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do, he's good at it. But Daniher is the best I've ever seen for his height at it. There's a large gap.

Yeah I don't understand how you are quantifying a "large gap". It's purely opinion. Brown is elite below his knees for a big guy.

I really want to say no but I know if I do he'll kick 10 goals against us next week.

Boy is he fugly though.

Also need to factor our clubs ranga quota as well as marketability.
They dont suddenly get paid big bux if there;s no chance anyone else wants him....and lets face it, who the hell would want someone that looks like that.

He's like an uncool geeky gangly nephew all grown up...the one that you pretend to like to keep your sister happy, but has zero redeeming features, and you secretly need to uphold your own standards and cant really be seen near something like that. At least not on a voluntary basis.

You're right.

It was a geriatric Waite that destroyed the GOAT defender for 3 quarters yesterday before he was moved on to Brown in the last and destroyed again.

Had 6 kicked on him yesterday in total.

Waite kicked 1 on him. (About half way through the first, beat him body on body).

Brown kicked 2 on him (1 early 4th, 1 when game was over).

This was his worst game for the season, the roos had over 60 i50s and despite all of that he only conceded 3. Think about that.

On topic:
Browns super underrated. Theres only a handful of forwards you would definitely take over him ( Buddy, Lynch, Daniher, JJK)

So is he worth a mil? Doubt it. 600-750k from a team hungry for a key forward makes sense. Big Ben Brown is the real deal.

You guys have a whinging hack called Sicily.
We won the Sucking free agency by getting rid of him
You don't think he's worth as much as Vickery?
Mate Vickery has been a gun and proven goal kicker* and while we paid over's for him you have to do that to secure talent**

*in the VFL
**absolute lie

So only North players sign for unders but when it comes to players that are linked in the media to North these players somehow would never entertain taking unders at there original club?

Like so many of your North comrades keep telling us, $$$$$$ trumps all, I look forward to clubs throwing big $ at him when his contract is up.
He will have extended his tenure with us long before his contract is up. I am very confident on that.

As for Dusty, maybe it's not all about the money. Maybe he wants to play for a club that knows how to, you know, win a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back