Society/Culture Is bigfooty mature enough to discuss consent?

Remove this Banner Ad

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Nothing wrong with either of these requirements. Both are open to abuse, afterwards, of course.
If you are a guy you would want to make sure you have consent in a message app beforehand and always wear a condom

"...Attorney-General Jaclyn Symes on Friday announced changes to the Crimes Act, to specify a person must confirm they have received consent for sexual activity.

The government will also amend laws to make it explicit that stealthing - the removal of a condom or other protection during sex without the other person's knowledge or consent - is a crime...

Pessimistic

Make me an Admin!
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
If you ask for consent, is that implicitly giving consent? It isnt really, is it?

Then there's consent for all the miryad forms of activity - do they get codified? - I cant see how this legislation is easy.

And if a person engages in activity unconsenting (but otherwise cool - you know, whats 'normal' now) does that person have means to blackmail the other?

Could vigilantes entrap people?

ChampRevesby

Brownlow Medallist
May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
The burden of proof will still be on the prosecution so unless there is a traceable receipt system to prove consent im not sure this changes much. I think they are trying to cause attitudinal change not law reform per se.

Pessimistic

Make me an Admin!
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
The burden of proof will still be on the prosecution so unless there is a traceable receipt system to prove consent im not sure this changes much. I think they are trying to cause attitudinal change not law reform per se.
It can only be that, like fining parents for taking kids out of school too much

Pessimistic

Make me an Admin!
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It does add a slight chill to the ordinary relationship but these are the times. Hopefully it does help those current and future victims.
Not that I'm 'deep' in this life phase, but it might be refreshing to just have direct conversations rather than the usual cat and mouse.

'but forget sponteneity darling, thats the past'.

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
Make no mistake this law is aimed at men, for obvious reasons. soceity expects men to take the sexual initiative.

If I was a male currently in the dating scene I think I'd approach it something like;

"can I just respectfully say that I wont take any sexual initiative here, and that if that is your expectation, you should ask for that explicitly. I think I would take such a request favourably"
Put a bit of humour in it, but you are being respectful both to the female and the law, opening that conversation, rather than play some outdated seduction game.

The law has actually encouraged you to be direct, and they cant put anything in the law which is gender specific, cos thats discrimination.

I have already authored an "application for sexual gratification" form which must be filled out by any woman wishing to make use of my time and experience.
I am working on an app.
It links to the covid vaxx app.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I have already authored an "application for sexual gratification" form which must be filled out by any woman wishing to make use of my time and experience.
I am working on an app.
And therefore the MyGov app. ScoMo and all future Prime Mininsters/Presidents will know when you've been rooting!!!!

There should be crowd noises and a 'Wa-Hey!!!' on each successful post-coital login.

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I am working on an app.
Brings a whole new meaning to 'double jabbed'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad