Is Bigfooty overlooked in the major AFL media?

Would you LIKE to see Bigfooty get further attention to detail in the major AFL media?

• Yes, there are plenty of voices on here which should be heard

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • No, it would only make the media more complicated then it already is

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The English Premier Leauge fans do it well with all of the bigger clubs having 'You Tube' channels run by the fans with Arsenal Football T.V (AFTV) the biggest and most successful. AFTV and the opinion of their fans are continually debated by the British Sporting Media both on the television and radio.

They may not reference this site directly, but they sure do steal from it; Especially when it comes to much of the made up bullshit they use to fill trade week(s).

... and our reporter Julian de Stoop spoke with 10 year BigFooty member Scully2Trengove earlier today about his thoughts on the game. "Yea we f****n smashed those campaigners hahahaha. Buddy is such an old Cola flog who now has turning circle of freight train LOLOL should stick to flinging pingaz at the night club not play footy at the footy club Lol.." Listen to the rest tonight at 6

Funnily enough it was Derrin Hinch who got me interested in BigFooty back in 2006. I'd never heard of it, and he was quoting a story that was broken on BF about Justin Charles. I went onto the site and decided to sign up.

I'm certain Tom Brown gets most of his credible stories from Big Footy

Funnily enough it was Derrin Hinch who got me interested in BigFooty back in 2006. I'd never heard of it, and he was quoting a story that was broken on BF about Justin Charles. I went onto the site and decided to sign up.

I'm certain Tom Brown gets most of his credible stories from Big Footy

I too joined Bigfooty after reading in the newspapers how the site had leaked the All Australian team before it was announced. I'd never heard of it before that.

A kind of 4chan of afl. Sexually frustrated, autistic or school aged (physically or mentally), wanting relevance in a big wide world. And that's just the mods ;)

I don't think you could really expect journalists to credit here, we're the riff-raff. There's some like rohan connelly who's happy to get down and dirty. I think BigFooty is better for gauging the pulse of the AFL community on various issues. Any info is third-hand to a journalist here.

Looking at the webarchive, Big Footy registration peaked 10 years ago but has been in a steady decline ever since.

I personally wouldn't have found this place if it wasn't for Jenna Jameson and her Big Booty...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Occasionally stolen from, rarely mentioned explicitly.

Journalists usually need to quote their sources, or at the very least, know who they are and have faith in them.

Let's face it, we are all still anonymous here and can basically make s**t up and post what we like. Sure, a lot of it is true and it would be a good place to start for a journalist, but quoting or mentioning Big Footy probably isn't really solid journalism.

The reason Mainstream Media ignore bigfooty is because they fear bigfooty. You can smell it.

They fear bigfooty because they know if their crappy readership saw bigfooty they would never pick up a newspaper again. Why would they? If you want detailed and nuanced insight into our great game, forget paying $2 for print media at the 7-11: save that for your smokes. The greatest "footy minds" in Australia and the world happily share in-depth analysis that AFL-approved mouthpieces could only dream of conjuring. Free of charge, 24 hours a day, no questions asked. That's why they fear bigfooty. They're scared of bigfooty.

They're scared because they know every single club board on bigfooty has at least one or two (sometimes even more) posters who are more passionate, intelligent, and knowledgeable than the very best stooges Fox Footy can come up with. Except the Carlton board actually. But then I've never met any Carlton supporters anywhere that know anything.

I caught a bus to Frankston a few weeks ago and a demented guy wet himself in the back row, before he got thrown off at Seaford he had some kind of apoplectic meltdown, was yelling abuse at everyone and anything, usual targets, 5G, Dan Andrews, you know the drill. Point is he made more sense than Jobe Watson ever has. Carro's Arrow, Carro's Arrow... Bullseye! Bullseye!... get ****ed. Have you ever wondered how Nathan Brown structures his mulits? No, me either. And I couldn't give a "rat's tossbag" what Bob Murphy's ghost writer thinks about Saint Kilda's list either. But I can tell you what I think about Saint Kilda's list- just check the mainboard. There's two ripper threads on just very topic.

Bigfooty is the best and it's not just footy, it's everything. All the best s**t in the world is on bigfooty: magic cards, professional wrestling, star wars, Taylor Swift. There's even a thread about making synthesizers. If you're into anything in the world and you want to read about it bigfooty is better than everything else out there- guaranteed. That's why mainstream media don't talk about bigfooty. They fear bigfooty, and they're right to be afraid. Once you've seen bigfooty, everything else is just s**t.

Forget TV, newspapers, twitter, facebook, reddit, all that s**t.

Bigfooty :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I feel like BigFooty got more air time before social media was a thing.
Yeah a Tweet is short and can be embedded in an online article. They don't have to read a post on BF and summarise it. Just copy and paste.

Some of their articles are just a Twitter stream with "Ooooh Matron! The cat's among the pigeons, innit?"

I caught a bus to Frankston a few weeks ago and a demented guy wet himself in the back row, before he got thrown off at Seaford he had some kind of apoplectic meltdown, was yelling abuse at everyone and anything, usual targets, 5G, Dan Andrews, you know the drill.

Yeah, but how many bigfooty posters are pants wetters?

We just don't know.......

Lol we’re basically the sole source of any meritorious scandal story that’s reported in the media.

They won’t name us because they’re worried their audience will cut the middle man.
As well as that, BF posters produce content. Sometimes they write up insightful analysis, or delve into footy politics. That makes BF a competitor with the commercial footy media, at least from their point of view, whereas FB and Twitter are not.

As well as that, BF posters produce content. Sometimes they write up insightful analysis, or delve into footy politics. That makes BF a competitor with the commercial footy media, at least from their point of view, whereas FB and Twitter are not.
Yeah there’s a solid nuffies contingent here but it’s somewhat filtered and offset by intelligent posts, and there’s absolutely nothing like the sheer lunacy on AFL Facebook pages.

Yeah there’s a solid nuffies contingent here but it’s somewhat filtered and offset by intelligent posts, and there’s absolutely nothing like the sheer lunacy on AFL Facebook pages.

Yeah as a reader you need to do a bit of filtering for sure, but thanks to some moderation and the general culture it's not bad like (as mentioned) facebook groups, etc.

I've been posting on BigFooty for 11 years now, and I can confidently say that I've read pretty much every major story in that time on BigFooty several days before it hits the media.

I don't think it's overlooked though, as we aren't getting any exclusive stories here. Most of the rumours that are posted here are done so because it's something that's been circulating for a few days underground.

Back