Is Bigfooty overlooked in the major AFL media?

Would you LIKE to see Bigfooty get further attention to detail in the major AFL media?

• Yes, there are plenty of voices on here which should be heard

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • No, it would only make the media more complicated then it already is

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason Mainstream Media ignore bigfooty is because they fear bigfooty. You can smell it.

They fear bigfooty because they know if their crappy readership saw bigfooty they would never pick up a newspaper again. Why would they? If you want detailed and nuanced insight into our great game, forget paying $2 for print media at the 7-11: save that for your smokes. The greatest "footy minds" in Australia and the world happily share in-depth analysis that AFL-approved mouthpieces could only dream of conjuring. Free of charge, 24 hours a day, no questions asked. That's why they fear bigfooty. They're scared of bigfooty.

They're scared because they know every single club board on bigfooty has at least one or two (sometimes even more) posters who are more passionate, intelligent, and knowledgeable than the very best stooges Fox Footy can come up with. Except the Carlton board actually. But then I've never met any Carlton supporters anywhere that know anything.

I caught a bus to Frankston a few weeks ago and a demented guy wet himself in the back row, before he got thrown off at Seaford he had some kind of apoplectic meltdown, was yelling abuse at everyone and anything, usual targets, 5G, Dan Andrews, you know the drill. Point is he made more sense than Jobe Watson ever has. Carro's Arrow, Carro's Arrow... Bullseye! Bullseye!... get f’ed. Have you ever wondered how Nathan Brown structures his mulits? No, me either. And I couldn't give a "rat's tossbag" what Bob Murphy's ghost writer thinks about Saint Kilda's list either. But I can tell you what I think about Saint Kilda's list- just check the mainboard. There's two ripper threads on just very topic.

Bigfooty is the best and it's not just footy, it's everything. All the best sh*t in the world is on bigfooty: magic cards, professional wrestling, star wars, Taylor Swift. There's even a thread about making synthesizers. If you're into anything in the world and you want to read about it bigfooty is better than everything else out there- guaranteed. That's why mainstream media don't talk about bigfooty. They fear bigfooty, and they're right to be afraid. Once you've seen bigfooty, everything else is just sh*t.

Forget TV, newspapers, twitter, facebook, reddit, all that sh*t.

Bigfooty :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

And let’s not forget the Conspiracy board and legendary reads like Chrisco hamper thread.

Hours of entertainment..all free!

Also..BF is so convince* to use as a platform. It’s an all in one circus tent of information and entertainment.

Convenient*
While we're at it - is there anything that would make it more convince for you?

It's because no one is publicly listed here with real names so it's hard to reference or give credibility. You can hide behind all the troll accounts here.

It's always confused me considering the amount of attention to detail platforms like Twitter are given in the AFL media for frequent reference and quotes. Obviously with so many different social media platforms out in the world nowadays it's difficult to have an even distribution of attention amongst all of them, but I have never personally noticed any reference to content on Bigfooty from any major news outlets. Considering even platforms like Facebook and their shady cousin Instagram get a massive amount of attention for posts and comments made, and at times even trolling (Particularly involving verbal abuse towards players) why is Bigfooty never talked about despite supposedly being the leading online Aussie Rules Community? And do people prefer it this way or perhaps should we seek bigger widespread attention in the media to enforce more validity for growing opinions and accusations for both the league itself and the individual clubs?
Media ignore BigFooty because they can't generate their own revenue from it.

To the point they will often ridicule this place.

Yet are happy to poach news from here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we're at it - is there anything that would make it more convince for you?

no not really. It is what it is this forum and it’s pretty well moderated to keep the complete nut jobs out of the joint.

I do get frustrated sometimes when you get targeted by certain mods for so called ‘ abuse’ because they think your retorts to trolls are considered over the top.
But in general I like visiting and contributing. Like a good reddit comment section theres entertainment and appreciation of the written word here that has value.
Obviously there’s many who take things way too serious sometimes and have no idea how to identify satire and sarcasm.

But that’s ok.

We’re all different 🌝

X ellis has mentioned this board a couple of times on his podcast with seven West media.

He mainly mentions the bogus trade rumours players have heard about over the years.
Grima called us flogs in his retirement speech

An interesting paragraph from an article from 2011 I stumbled upon. First time I've seen a footy journo openly admit that journos look at BigFooty for rumours.

They also noted that posters often knew what they were talking about. Visit BigFooty even semi-regularly and you’ll soon gather some posters are not just blowhards desperate to launch their musings into cyberspace. Some have contacts at their chosen clubs and often spill the beans about clubs news - anything from player delistings, coach signings and sackings, off-field ventures and injuries - before any official club announcement.

It's not only the fans who have twigged to this either. The media know such sites are a fertile source of news, so scour them for tasty morsels. This means a rumour on BigFooty can potentially find a large audience very quickly.

There’s definitely more than enough evidence out there to realise that all the footy journos look at this site. They never actually credit it, but they definitely scoop stories and talking points from here.

There’s definitely more than enough evidence out there to realise that all the footy journos look at this site. They never actually credit it, but they definitely scoop stories and talking points from here.
If the BigFooty logo changed to something that looks like VB, Robbo would never log off

Even though it would seem like a lot of members on the Richmond board are posting from jail or an insane asylum, it's the only place I go to get info and opinions on the players.

The amount of disrespect from a high amount of members towards great players (like Selwood & Hawkins) are why the AFL would be afraid to give any publicity to this community. Otherwise the content is better than anything else out there

The goodboy goodby energys is precisely against this type of behavior. Which is why Brian Taylor idiot gives them publicity

Last edited:
The amount of disrespect from a high amount of members towards great players (like Selwood & Hawkins) are why the AFL would be afraid to give any publicity to this community
It’s no worse than what you hear in the stands.

Back