Is Brett Ratten a genius? (Now with Poll)

Is Brett Ratten a genius?

• Yes. Up there with Einstein and Da Vinci.

Votes: 82 63.1%
  • Not a genius but a very good Assistant Coach

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • ordinary assistant with a happy knack for arriving at a club during good times

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • When Jack Watts finally hangs up his boots in 2030 he will walk in to a senior coaching position

Votes: 16 12.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think we were "tracking for finals" under Alan Richardson then I don't think you know much about footy.

He took us backwards.

Ratten inherited largely the same squad. The in's have helped but apart from Butler, most people would probably agree the players we brought in haven't set the world on fire.

No one would have rated us for top 8. Certainly not ahead of clubs like GWS, Melbourne, or Western Bulldogs, or even Carlton.

We're not a top 8 list - and we'll get exposed in finals - yet here we are.
Richardson was a joke that was slowly but surely running St Kilda into the ground.

However Ryder and Hill have been outstanding for them. So has Butler.

North look to be turning a corner under Ratten so I'd agree he's a very underrated coach.

North look to be turning a corner under Ratten so I'd agree he's a very underrated coach.

What is he doing differently to what Clarko was already doing? He has said that he is not wanting to disrupt the team by changing away from Clarko's plan because Clarko is going to return at some point.

What we are seeing is a young team getting better at playing together.

Ratts has made a cracking living out of football, he copped a bit of flak from blues fans back in his playing days, because he wasn’t a big name, had very poor eyesight and struggled early on. Turned himself into an absolute gun and had many blues fans eating their words. ( I’m sure he won at least one b&f)
Shafted as coach to get mick Malthouse, what a disaster that was and then went on the assistant coaching merry go round, all well paid jobs, landed the Saints job,now at north. He has made plenty out of AFL football.
You just want to give him a hug, he comes across as an absolute gentleman, the way he handled himself after his son died tragically was an eye opener.
Just a true football person.

Back