Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:

I know this isnt directed at me but I will give my answer. I would re up again because I am a sucker. I feel like a sucker this year and I will feel like a major one next season if Buckley is given another contract. I will go to games shake my head wonder why I am here and then be back the next week to do it all again.

I really do have to wonder why I signed up this season. I donated the club money last season during a season we couldn't go to games, didnt agree with a single off-season move, foresaw our crash and burn and yet once again I paid up. Did the club deserve my money? I don't think so
Fair enough.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
For the last time, I put the club first. Now please stop your attempts to bait me.
Putting the club first does not mean you have to support Buckley. In fact, many believe that supporting Buckley is not supporting what the club needs to be successful.

Surely it's pitchforks and torches time
Go for it! Look forward to seeing you on the news waving your flashlight outside the Holden centre. Please keep your top on though.

Putting the club first does not mean you have to support Buckley. In fact, many believe that supporting Buckley is not supporting what the club needs to be successful.
And they are entitled to their view, as am I.

I know this isnt directed at me but I will give my answer. I would re up again because I am a sucker. I feel like a sucker this year and I will feel like a major one next season if Buckley is given another contract. I will go to games shake my head wonder why I am here and then be back the next week to do it all again.

I really do have to wonder why I signed up this season. I donated the club money last season during a season we couldn't go to games, didnt agree with a single off-season move, foresaw our crash and burn and yet once again I paid up. Did the club deserve my money? I don't think so
Good for you, I am the same. Say I am not going then on Tuesday buy tickets, see the team selected on Friday then reinforce my mind that I am not going but then am there on the day. After a day like yesterday, wonder why I went then back to the same routine next week.

I love my club and even through the Shaw (liked what he was trying to do with the squad he had) and Malthouse (couldn't and can't stand him) years, never missed a game.

Black and white runs through my veins.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 4, 2003
Doncaster
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Tj with the Kevin sheedy Matthew knights who ever coached Essendon after sheedy was a dead duck the was like David Moyes at man utd he failed cause he replaced a legend in fergie so u can’t compare

Bit generous there Jmac.

I recall a night when Buckley was on Footy classified and Buckley certainly schooled him.:D
A single pea, not even half a packet.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Lloyd hates Collingwood and Buckley.
He also has the intelligence level of a pea.
Rubbish. He's one of the few pundits in the media thinking for themselves.

There's a mass delusion in the media that Buckley deserves an extension. It's insane!

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
how long has it been since we have played consistent football? Week in week out? Not 1 quarter here and there? The system is broke. We haven’t played consistent football for a LONG time.

The games changed, it’s fast paced, what’s bucks changed since last year? We still can’t score, can’t move the ball. Nothing has changed. So much for the pre season comments he made...

Rubbish. He's one of the few pundits in the media thinking for themselves.

There's a mass delusion in the media that Buckley deserves an extension. It's insane!
Seriously, I don't mind it when one reads or hears an opinion that agrees with what they believe but Lloyd is not one that many take notice of when Collingwood is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back