Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
I know this isnt directed at me but I will give my answer. I would re up again because I am a sucker. I feel like a sucker this year and I will feel like a major one next season if Buckley is given another contract. I will go to games shake my head wonder why I am here and then be back the next week to do it all again.

I really do have to wonder why I signed up this season. I donated the club money last season during a season we couldn't go to games, didnt agree with a single off-season move, foresaw our crash and burn and yet once again I paid up. Did the club deserve my money? I don't think so

Luckily because I live 3500 kays away I have been fortunate to not be able to attend games, that would be time I'd never get back. And because of my location combined with how s**t the club is running itself I decided not to renew this year.

Bucks used to get angry in the box, punch a desk or smash a phone. This year he’s looked distant and defeated.

I think he knows his time is up and going through the motions. And the players are doing similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what we keep saying, where is the improvement? Over 10 years where is the improvement?
It’s what you keep saying, and it’s really boring.

I won't be going back to the footy until Bucks is gone and I implore you all to do the same.

I think that has already started Matt, second lowest crowd for us on the weekend at the G in 30 odd years . people are losing interest in what has been the Collingwood sh!tshow of the last 8 months, time to rejuvenate the whole club, only one who should stay is Wright , the rest can go , see ya Bucks , won`t be purchasing family membership next year if he is still there . first time in 45 years . enough of my hard earned for this rabble of an outfit, most are losing interest, I am tuning out, not as emotionally invested as i have been, I don`t mind losing, but when the players have tuned out , what is point of flogging a dead horse. rather mow the lawn

I think that has already started Matt, second lowest crowd for us on the weekend at the G in 30 odd years . people are losing interest in what has been the Collingwood sh!tshow of the last 8 months, time to rejuvenate the whole club, only one who should stay is Wright , the rest can go , see ya Bucks , won`t be purchasing family membership next year if he is still there . first time in 45 years . enough of my hard earned for this rabble of an outfit, most are losing interest, I am tuning out, not as emotionally invested as i have been, I don`t mind losing, but when the players have tuned out , what is point of flogging a dead horse. rather mow the lawn
Unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back