Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
In the last 3 years - 3 top 8, 2 top 4,
2 PF, And a GF. Coach of the year 2018.
Only Hardwick and maybe Scott have better 3 year records.
That’s why the commentators say he can Coach, and support his reappointment.
GW does not have a better resume on his desk today than Buckley’s.

No SENSIBLE analysis says otherwise.

Old Ed gets around, knows a good deal like any tight assed Scotsman, if he had any doubts Bucks wouldnt be there. Until i read a compelling analysis of his coaching failure, whether from Mick, Sheeds, Sam Mitchell or David King....etc im not gonna guess. I know how hard this s**t is.

Theres so many unknowns, but one thing for certain, he didnt do the Vossy and put the rockpig in fwd line when he was the best front and centre midfielder at rucks feet stoppage in the game.

Brad Scott got dropped like a hot potato but have Norf been anywhere since? They all loved Rhyce Shaw but howd that go? Mick at Blues. Ratts had em 5th.

We dont want those ones.

Has Ross Lyon even done a rebuild? Would you back a coach who jumped ship left em in lurch after 2 x GF losses?
Hirdy had the boys playing but got nabbed injecting Melonin

Everyone rates Roos but i heard otherwise, that he was acidic on some blokes at Dees that they rated the talent more than Roosy going fwd cos if he stayed theyd frrk off...

The only good coach imo in last decade has been Dimma, yand Kenny Hinks frrk Clarko, he had 9 first round draft, to add to Hodge and Mitchell and Sewell and Hawks sling shotted the 2 new expansion comp cos Ross ditched Saints, Pies started rebuild, Cats were end of Dynasty and no threat in finals, leaving them at the top by themselves with 3 x GF against dudds Freo, Swans, WCE who cant win on the road. Softest period of footy until doggies won in 2016 from 7th finals then Tiges have just been beyond measure such a dudd list but so well drilled coached that last week they topped Power rankings 4yrs after the party started..

As for Geelong 2 best fwds in game and Hocking changes rules so Tuggys cant lock ya in, and makes it easier to get fwd entries? Cos trust me that two combo fwd line the real deal. They were the best 'looking movement in pre season. Theyre been cruising, now Cameron in they playing finals footy make no mistake.

Has to be looked into surely.....it wont. Frrkn Geelong so many advantages the AFL needs to wake up

Last edited:

Mothers' Day Math's

Solve for x

10YOB + VSAC [Ms]+ 1.5P + GOKHMFMs + DRs + AFLMs + 2PBITHS + QAFCSUs[NAB'sF] = x

PS - to those (=3) who were overwhelmed and confused by my statistically incisive chart, all is forgiven. Feel free to attempt this simple maths problem - it's a bit different to statistics :)

cheers

I'm expecting a.. what a great effort by Buckley last night.. he looked quite content in the box after the game.. straightening his New England data sheets..

The Sheed goal is apparently a big deal.. so unlucky right.. but let's just downplay the luck we had last night to get over the line against one of the most putrid looking football teams I have ever seen in my life.

What's that 1 win from their last 22 or 23 or whatever re?

True greats re.

Last edited:
Mothers' Day Math's

Solve for x

10YOB + VSAC [Ms]+ 1.5P + GOKHMFMs + DRs + AFLMs + 2PBITHS + QAFCSUs[NAB'sF] = x

PS - to those (=3) who were overwhelmed and confused by my statistically incisive chart, all is forgiven. Feel free to attempt this simple maths problem - it's a bit different to statistics :)

cheers
X = No?

Mothers' Day Math's

Solve for x

cheers

I'd be more inclined to ask em for an apology via PM re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne should have attacked the ball and given himself a 50 50 chance, he played it safe

Mothers' Day Math's
Solve for x
cheers
ok - inbox jammed with PMs requesting solution; here it is:

10 years of Buckley + various, selected assistant coaches (mates) + 1.5 presidents (Korda from same stable, not really different) + God only knows how many football managers + different recruiters + a few list managers + 2 poor bastards in the hot seat (CEOs) + quite a few Collingwood stuff ups (not all Buckley's fault) = NO FLAGS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back