Is Caleb the KPD we've been looking for?

Remove this Banner Ad

qz1w9e.png
Roughy looks like a new dad piggy-backing his 5 year old son.

Does JJ returning impact Daniel's new role at all? From what I have seen, I am definitely in the ''Daniel down back'' club.
He just weaves thru traffic being so small and uses the ball really well. I think you have found his best position.

Does JJ returning impact Daniel's new role at all? From what I have seen, I am definitely in the ''Daniel down back'' club.
He just weaves thru traffic being so small and uses the ball really well. I think you have found his best position.
Nope. They complement each other. Caleb distributes. JJ breaks the lines.

In the mould of Sam Mitchel very early days . the isolation will be tweaked and I believe Bevo when he discussed that issue post game press . An interesting side effect is occurring with our Wins since the change . Now it’s not the little fella winning games but his ball use down there is clearly contributing towards the teams balance and structure . I wonder how many goals he has set up vs goals conceded? If only we had another Peter Foster to help him .

Lol, it's laughable that any goals conceded when Caleb is caught on a KPF would be attributed to him.

Why would you blame him when its his elite running and reading of the play that he's even contesting with the bloke in the first place (as opposed to having them completely unmanned)

Are you at all concerned about Daniel copping a tag? I think it could be a reality.
I don't mind it. If he cops one I'll back him to beat it. It means less pressure on JJ who at times has copped a hard tag. It also means no tag for Macrae, Bont etc. unless the opposition wants 2 taggers which means it's already a win for us.

Lol, it's laughable that any goals conceded when Caleb is caught on a KPF would be attributed to him.

Why would you blame him when its his elite running and reading of the play that he's even contesting with the bloke in the first place (as opposed to having them completely unmanned)
Beveridge touched on this in his presser. Our backs push so high up that when there is a quick turnover, all our backs are out of position and have to work back. Caleb just happens to be the fittest and will be the one able to cover the most ground to cover their most dangerous forward. As Bevo said, it doesn't matter whether it's JJ, Duryea or Suckling, Roughy is likely taking that mark in the goal square on the turnover.

A safe pair of hands, but will not be the long term solution IMO, rather needs to be complimented by a big bodied KPD who can bring the ball to ground for Daniel.

Beveridge touched on this in his presser. Our backs push so high up that when there is a quick turnover, all our backs are out of position and have to work back. Caleb just happens to be the fittest and will be the one able to cover the most ground to cover their most dangerous forward. As Bevo said, it doesn't matter whether it's JJ, Duryea or Suckling, Roughy is likely taking that mark in the goal square on the turnover.
It's obvious but maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back