Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
May 1, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Consider these underrated future champions at the club...
Some may laugh but I am deadly serious that these players will help the likes of Tarrant Buckley and Rocca win a flag in the next two years.
Prestigiacomo - this man is all class and deceptively quick. Watch out for cameos from this man up forward in future
Wakelin - the rock of Gibraltar in the backline. Most underrated defender in the comp
Dimmatina - underrated tagger being nursed along on the seconds - watch for him come mid winter
Licuria - Best Copeland Trophy winner since Wes Fellowes - deadly kick
Freeborn - who can forget the magical 3 goals he kicked in that Grand Final
Rintoul - another Premiership player showing the Crows they were wrong to dump him

GO PIES

We are only two players from a premiership.
We need a Hay/Gaspar/Wellman at CHB and a West/Black/Camporeale in the midfield.
We have plenty of choices up forward - Tarrant Rocca Molloy Fraser Cummings (and Clement or Richardson if needed) as talls, plus Holland Davis and Davis and Buckley.
We have muscle in the midfield - plenty of hard ballers like Burns Buckley Licuria McGough and Lockyer. All we need is extra polish.
Watch out - we are undoubtedly the most underrated team in the comp.

That time hotpie almost predicted back to back premierships off of terrible reasoning and got laughed at, bigfooty was a harsh place even in its infancy.

He was way off in his assessment of the players. Licca deadly kick. I love Licca but he was a terrible kick.

Presti up forward. Rintoul. Dimmatina boy oh boy

The wakelin comment was the only one to have an ounce of credibility

Having said that we have all made bad calls before.

Having said that we have all made bad calls before.

I've made plenty of bad calls, and there's plenty more to come. The trick is to try and space them out over numerous posts rather than jamming as many as possible into one ripsnorter.

i think we are pretty underrated by other clubs atm ,everyone seems to forget who we beat last season with some really talented people missing .
Given bucks situation natural improvement from kids and some missing guns back we could have a fantastic season 2017 also hope this isn't one of them bad calls

Depends were you rate us?

A lot of old thread threads being 'bumped' at the moment:rolleyes:

Still it's interesting to look back on this OP
So close

Gotta love the off-season post trade period.

It's the silly season, now without the silly.

All our business has been wrapped up and the Christmas presents are under the tree.

But there's a calm before the storm and the anxious kids can't wait to open their gifts, so to relieve themselves of their anxiety they go and dig up old and useless content on forums.

Just a few more weeks of this and the boys will be back in town, ready to hit the ground running for 2017.

Until then, let the revival of dead threads continue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A classic case of over rating players. Some things never change.
And some posters never change!

His prediction was so close to becoming reality.
And I prefer optimism over pessimism any day

And some posters never change!
And I prefer optimism over pessimism any day

yKRbOzk.jpg

MGPnkCl.jpg

And there's my obligatory low quality reaction post for the month.

A lot of old thread threads being 'bumped' at the moment:rolleyes:

Still it's interesting to look back on this OP
So close
To be fair there isn't a whole heap of footy to talk about at this time of year, i personally find it interesting looking back at what random people posted 14 years ago. I wonder if he ever upgraded his computer

To be fair there isn't a whole heap of footy to talk about at this time of year, i personally find it interesting looking back at what random people posted 14 years ago. I wonder if he ever upgraded his computer
Probably bitching about the succession plan. :drunk:

He he he he! That is really funny!!! :D :D

Presti all class, Dima "nursed" in seconds and the Lica comment! Bwahahahahahahahah!!!

Disclaimer: If you are actually a Collingwood supporter, I appologise.

I like the disclaimer though.

It's strange.

His assessments of individuals was WAAAAAAY off, but his assessment of us being near a premiership wasn't.

Paul "turnover king of the AFL" Licuria a deadly kick. Lol.

This is the mother of all thread bumps.!! You have too much spare time on your hands Nahnah.
I read his OP as being sarcastic. The "best Copeland winner since Fellows and a deadly kick" makes that pretty obvious. Wakelin at the time was probably not too flash.. hence the sarcastic "Rock of Gibraltar". So in a weird upside down sarcastic way he was right about the players he singled out but very wrong about where the team was at... (i.e.. he thought we were sh@t and going nowhere).

Either that or he was posting under the influence of hallucinogenic substances.

This is the mother of all thread bumps.!! You have too much spare time on your hands Nahnah.
I read his OP as being sarcastic. The "best Copeland winner since Fellows and a deadly kick" makes that pretty obvious. Wakelin at the time was probably not too flash.. hence the sarcastic "Rock of Gibraltar". So in a weird upside down sarcastic way he was right about the players he singled out but very wrong about where the team was at... (i.e.. he thought we were sh@t and going nowhere).

Either that or he was posting under the influence of hallucinogenic substances.
Thanks for the back handed compliment, my favourite kind of compliment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back