Is Cricket DEAD? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Tino Best - 95. Gee, I had no idea he was still around. If I'm thinking of the right bloke I recall him being raw in 2003 against Australia in one of the latter Tests but never really had the control to play at an International level. I'm surprised by Ramdin's century, considering I thought his technique wouldn't equip him for English conditions. Shame the rain has ruined the Test.
Tino on debut was a nutcase, ill-disciplined and bowling beamers in his first few overs. He has pushed for selection for some time and came in for Gabriel who went home injured (as well as Roach).

Tino's highest first class score before this game was 51 and smacked 95 last night. Ramdin made a century and held up a piece of paper bagging Viv, Viv's reply was 'good that I could provide some inspiration for him'.

Funny story, WI had visa issues on this tour, and considering recalling Corey Collymore who is now 37 playing local cricket in England.

Narine was extremely dissapointing last night.

My goodness, after mysteriously missing the 1st ODI, Gayle is back, he is some player, can't imagine what test cricket has missed in the last 2 yrs he is in the best form of his career, he is now 35 (31)

edit 41 off 32

edit 47 off 35

How does Mitchell Johnson get a Cricket Australia contract? Has he actually done anything at all in the last couple of years that suggests he will ever regain his form? Seems to me teams now know not to chase his deliveries as they head wide, so they now leave him and he gets called wide instead of getting caught behind. Am I missing something?

Just watching the Ireland/Australia ODI in Belfast. Brett Lee clean bowled the opener and number 3 with the first and third ball.

How does Mitchell Johnson get a Cricket Australia contract? Has he actually done anything at all in the last couple of years that suggests he will ever regain his form? Seems to me teams now know not to chase his deliveries as they head wide, so they now leave him and he gets called wide instead of getting caught behind. Am I missing something?

Yet Ed Cowan misses out. Go figure!

I believe they had him on a 2year contract. Hands were tied. I'll be mortified if he gets another game.
Not sure what to make of the batsman.... The pragmatic side of me thinks it's a good move and leaves them the option to reward form with a contract. Either way, it seems there are spots to be had.

For anyone who hasnt seen, we had a comfortable win in a tour match against essex (who had a couple of good to decent players - Alastair Cook the main one)

Cummins took 3 fa and Clarke, D-huss and Wade contributed with the bat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who hasnt seen, we had a comfortable win in a tour match against essex (who had a couple of good to decent players - Alastair Cook the main one)

Cummins took 3 fa and Clarke, D-huss and Wade contributed with the bat
Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how Cummins & Patterson lead the attack. It could be back to the (not-so-long-ago) glory days of speed.

We lost the previous one dayer by about 20 runs

Tonights game is on GEM, Cummins is out of the rest of the tour with a side strain, really bad news and questions have to be asked if his body can handle the rigours of a one day series, let alone a test series.

Mitchell Johnson will play tonight, Forrest in for Steve Smith

How on earth does Mitchell Johnson get a gig in the one day team let alone any team for Australia? 7 overs 0-43. Clarke says we need to be patient, I think he needs to earn his spot, not just be given a spot like has for the last 3 years.

Hey Mitchell... Your s**t! Some things just never change. Wides and No Balls a plenty.

I wouldn't blame Watson. Forrest batted that slow, forced Watson to get on with it. Forrest makes Tubby Taylor look like Chris Gayle.

Anyway, Why drop Smith for Forrest? Open with Wade/Warner with Watson at 3 and Smith at 6/7.

Hey Mitchell... Your s**t! Some things just never change. Wides and No Balls a plenty.

I wouldn't blame Watson. Forrest batted that slow, forced Watson to get on with it. Forrest makes Tubby Taylor look like Chris Gayle.

Anyway, Why drop Smith for Forrest? Open with Wade/Warner with Watson at 3 and Smith at 6/7.
Yep, not sure how Johnson is getting a game, surely we have another bowler to take his place??

I like Forrest, but he is more suited to test cricket in my opinion. Is Smith good enough for 6/7 spot? or would a Mitch Marsh be a better option. Agree with Wade Warner opening

Yep, not sure how Johnson is getting a game, surely we have another bowler to take his place??

I like Forrest, but he is more suited to test cricket in my opinion. Is Smith good enough for 6/7 spot? or would a Mitch Marsh be a better option. Agree with Wade Warner opening

Good point. I forgot about him. I think Marsh is a better slogger at the end and could be handy bowler on the seaming decks.

Good point. I forgot about him. I think Marsh is a better slogger at the end and could be handy bowler on the seaming decks.
Interested to see the team selection tonight - hoping Johnson and Binga are dropped, although I am not sure what other quicks we have over there. Also why isnt Clarke bowling D.Huss??

Has a father and son ever played in the same test team at international level?

Reason, Shiv Chanderpaul who is 37 has a son playing under 17 cricket. If Shiv was to play cricket til he is 40 (quite realistic) then he could play in the same team as his son. Imagine that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back