Is Cricket DEAD? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a father and son ever played in the same test team at international level?

Reason, Shiv Chanderpaul who is 37 has a son playing under 17 cricket. If Shiv was to play cricket til he is 40 (quite realistic) then he could play in the same team as his son. Imagine that!
No, I couldn't find a father/son at test level.

Given the state of West Indian cricket nowadays, I'd say that it is quite possible.

Think I'll just follow state cricket
When's sheffield shield start? its early this year right?

I think the warmer states such as QLD and WA will benefit from training in warmer weather and better tracks than the southern states such as VIC, SA and Tas.

There have been a number of player movements as well, think Hughes went north to QLD, and a few others.

we're royally screwed. It's not like we left some talent and home and took over a mickey mouse squad. These guys were our best (bar M.Hussey)

Considering how they were going surely Cameron White should have been called up! The bear has been in excellent form recently, and this series may have been the renaissance we've been waiting for in the big guy.

Sound like we're scraping the barrel, but his form in the shorter forms of the game has been pretty good this winter.

Your on the right track Boonie. We had plenty of guys playing county cricket and making runs - yet, not a single on got picked. I'm sick of this 'giving guys a chance to reclaim form'. This s**t has to change. Find form back playing state/county cricket. If you are winning, you may be able to carry one player - not when you are getting flogged in every game.

Forrest aint the answer in ODI's. He avg 5.00 with the bat at Geoff Marsh strike rate of 33.33. Our number 3 DIDN'T hit a single boundary in the whole series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Brett Lee finally retired from Australian Cricket. About 4 years too late in my eyes.

Finished reading his book a month or so ago and I think this sums him up perfectly...

Punter decided to give the new ball to Mitchell Johnson to open the bowling rather than give it to Lee. Lee cracked the shits like a little schoolkid and let it effect his bowling. He openly admits it in the book.

I mean, what a weak minded individual he was really. Who cares who opens the bowling/takes the wickets. You work as a team.

I see Brett Lee finally retired from Australian Cricket. About 4 years too late in my eyes.

Finished reading his book a month or so ago and I think this sums him up perfectly...

Punter decided to give the new ball to Mitchell Johnson to open the bowling rather than give it to Lee. Lee cracked the shits like a little schoolkid and let it effect his bowling. He openly admits it in the book.

I mean, what a weak minded individual he was really. Who cares who opens the bowling/takes the wickets. You work as a team.
Lol the ironic thing is, Punter gave the ball to the mentally infallible Mitchell Johnson....

Spot on Boonie.

I could write a book about Lee's book. Went against doctors orders many times just to prove people wrong. Ultimately, his body broke down the following game and which often meant missing 3-6 months of cricket.

The book showed me atleast, that it was all about him. Kept crapping on about being a team player but...

Aussies goto 2nd in ICC Test Rankings.

1 August 2012
Team Matches Points Rating
England 32 3893 122
Australia 34 3952 116
South Africa 21 2364 113
Pakistan 29 3148 109
India 29 3004 104
Sri Lanka 29 2834 98
New Zealand 18 1568 87
West Indies 25 2098 84
Bangladesh 12 0 0

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html

GH's man 'unplayable' in the recent NZ series.
Lets see if Narine and Pollard can make test debuts, there is a left arm fast bowler with alot of potential too.

Australia's schedule for 2012-13
Nov 2-4: Australia A v South Africans, Sydney

Nov 9-13: Australia v South Africa, 1st Test, Gabba
Nov 22-26: Australia v South Africa, 2nd Test, Adelaide Oval
Nov 30-Dec 4: Australia v South Africa, 3rd Test, WACA

Dec 6-8: CA Chairman's XI v Sri Lankans, Manuka Oval, Canberra

Dec 14-18: Australia v Sri Lanka, 1st Test, Bellerive Oval
Dec 26-30: Australia v Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, MCG
Jan 3-7: Australia v Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, SCG

Jan 11: Australia v Sri Lanka, 1st ODI, MCG
Jan 13: Australia v Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI, Adelaide Oval
Jan 18: Australia v Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI, Gabba