Is Flyin' Ryan's mark tonight, the best you've seen since Moorcroft and Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not When the dudes on the ground in pain however. Love Rioli but it's a **** move by both of them.
You're a twat if you really want to buy into that line of reasoning. Rioli gave him a simple head rub, players always stay down after getting outdone and he would never know that Gawn was injured.

Vardy I'll agree with you though, a simple head rub is one thing or a pat on the back but no reason to shove him into the ground aggressively, wasn't very playful and he'd be dominated all game.

Rioli after winning the grand final was walking around consoling Pies players almost instantly, before celebrating properly. He's a class act.

Could not have been that great as I turned the coverage off straight after as lost interest due to the umpire making me certain this game was already decided. Even a decent mark could not make me put up with any more of it.
Good mark all the same but nothing special. Ryan himself will take better ones than that.

Well that is a perfect example of a typical Vic centrict salty attitude!!!

Wah wah umpires won them the game.

Not the brilliant Ryan mark, not the brilliant Rioli dribble goal or Shuey's pressure goal from the boundary. Not Yeo's 16 tackle game or Hurn's 33 disposal 13 mark game and not the fact that the Dees couldn't convert their opportunities.

Essendon fan still sooking about the umps after the Goal Post Gate debacle!!!

Well as an Eagle an I have one word for you!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

It was fantastic.

I think Sampi's was probably better though. Obviously still have Morcroft's above it considerably.

Best I've seen live. I think Moorcroft and Sampi's looked better on tape.

Ash Sampi was actually at the eagles game last night, he released the eagle pre-game. Wonder what he made of it.

The best mark for a few weeks definitely. One on one mark where Ryan has a full run up and jump into a player coming back into him as a stepladder. Executed perfectly but not astonishly impossible.

A great overall play for sure.

Re the Gawn stuff...I’m rewatching the game now. Gawn clearly chirping and taking s**t at every possible opportunity.

Did the Eagles players overreact, yes...but Gawn had obviously got under their skin all night. But it’s not like that whole sequence when he was on the ground came out of left field...

I liked the bit with Sheed. Gawn saw him smirking so walked over to him all big and tough like ‘you laughin at me punk?’ and Sheed just points to the reply video admiring Liam’s handy work.

Well that is a perfect example of a typical Vic centrict salty attitude!!!

Wah wah umpires won them the game.
Geez, talk abut over reaction crying. I watch all of 10 minutes of game. Saw about 3 dodgy decisions all going Eagles way, so knew the result was decided. Melbourne are not my team so do not really care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, talk abut over reaction crying. I watch all of 10 minutes of game. Saw about 3 dodgy decisions all going Eagles way, so knew the result was decided. Melbourne are not my team so do not really care.

Really don't have emotion for either team, so watched from a Fantasy point of view. But when the game was even towards the end, i felt Melbourne certainly got a raw deal from the umps.

You are the one sooking about the umpiring buddy. So much so you didn't rate a great clutch marking effort.

That mark took work rate and serious courage. Ryan ran hard from outside the 50m to swing in and jump into the games in form dominant ruck in, Gawn being 200 cm and 100+ kgs running in directly from the opposite angle. Not some 'specy' mark over a midget standing still providing an easy step ladder like half the other contenders so far.

Sook's gotta sook!!!

Wonderful as it was, still think at least five of Howe's and probably Heeney's last year were better. Just didn't get quite the same sort of elevation on it as those guys did (in saying that he does have a foot disadvantage on Gawn).

Probably has to be MOTY though.

It is the first mark I have seen in a long time that made me jump off the couch. People are forgetting how tall Gawn is and the fact that Ryan ran all the way from the wing to take it. Overall, it was quite extraordinary.

I called it at the time and the judges vindicated my view.

Massive pack mark in a game where your team comes from 8 goals down at half time, compared to a one on one in a game played between two mediocre teams at the time.
You blokes lost to that mediocre team in the GF last year. Five goals down weren,t they?
Here we go with the umps in an Eagles game again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back