Is Flyin' Ryan's mark tonight, the best you've seen since Moorcroft and Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Stewart may have upstaged it?
Guy he marked it over folded like a deckchair. Could've gotten that high and taken a regulation mark with nobody there.

Was still a good mark though and the ride was good. Just not very high.

And no, I don't think Ryan's is the best since Moorcroft/Walker either.

It was a great showtime grab! Ryan ran super fast to the square to allow space to run for the flying mark, so it was great entertainment for the crowd. Should be in the running for mark of the year.

It's not as high as Sampi or Moorcroft, but a good showtime grab.

Wow! Talk about being a prisoner of the moment.
Was a terrific mark but hardly one of the best ever.

The mark reminded me of Winston Abraham's many years ago down at Launceston. You could see the player coming in from the side from a mile away and he clunked the ball in very similar fashion only Abraham's was quite a lot more spectacular in terms of the heights he reached.

I think this is one of the issues of footy today, we see such few high marks that one terrific speccie is quickly judged upon being an all-time beauty when 80's and 90's footy produced such spectacular marks on a weekly basis.

Guy he marked it over folded like a deckchair. Could've gotten that high and taken a regulation mark with nobody there.

Was still a good mark though and the ride was good. Just not very high.

And no, I don't think Ryan's is the best since Moorcroft/Walker either.

Stuart jumped over Caleb Daniel.......the Hobbit of the AFL.

End of debate!

Wow! Talk about being a prisoner of the moment.
Was a terrific mark but hardly one of the best ever.

The mark reminded me of Winston Abraham's many years ago down at Launceston. You could see the player coming in from the side from a mile away and he clunked the ball in very similar fashion only Abraham's was quite a lot more spectacular in terms of the heights he reached.

I think this is one of the issues of footy today, we see such few high marks that one terrific speccie is quickly judged upon being an all-time beauty when 80's and 90's footy produced such spectacular marks on a weekly basis.

You havent been watching Naughton at the Doggies very much then.

Or Howe.

This season seems to have multiple ripper marks every week.

Great grab, although I still like Sampi's as the best mark from an eagles player. I'm obviously in the minority but I never rated Moorcrofts mark. I grew up in a time that if you ever put your hands on someone's shoulders it was a free kick against every day, and I don't think that it should ever have changed.

Last edited:
Great to see Ryan in the frequent flyers club, my favs were Pete Bosustow when he was at Perth and Kenny Hunter at Claremont.
I saw the Bosustow one at Princes Park 20 metres in front of me. Reckon I have seen 3 marks of the year live at a ground. Great moments. Ryan will take heaps better than one from other night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SFW, a bloke mouths off to others during a game and his opponent gets a chance to rub in a small amount of payback, happens all the time, get over it princess.

You dont rub it in when a guy gets a knee in the face.

You dont see anyone give lip to injured players. If they do they are smashed in the media and rightfully so.

Absolutely pathetic, especially from Vardy who is an absolute potato.

You dont rub it in when a guy gets a knee in the face.

You dont see anyone give lip to injured players. If they do they are smashed in the media and rightfully so.

Absolutely pathetic, especially from Vardy who is an absolute potato.
Oh, he was injured was he, went off did he, on the injured list is he?
Took a knock during play, harden up FFS.

Lets be honest Gawns a bit of an autumn leaf

Lets be honest you dont trash someone after theyve just been kneed in the face.
And West Coast fans of all people would cry bloody murder if it happened to one of their precious snowflakes.

Doesnt mean it wasnt an outstanding mark.

Jeremy McGovern liked this one.

A few different contexts:
1) McGovern didn't go to ground like Gawn, he also shared a radio spot with Walters so they know each other fairly well.
2) Match was over when Walters took his grab, Ryan's was at a key moment of the game considering the scores were tied.

Still a great grab though from Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back