Is Flyin' Ryan's mark tonight, the best you've seen since Moorcroft and Walker?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You blokes are pathetic, you love it when faux tough guys like Viney and Harmes are shoving people into the ground after tackling them but turn into little rose petals when it comes back the other way.
There's been like 1 Melbourne poster whinge about it give it a spell. I didn't see it as a big deal but the eagles fans would have sooked if there was retaliation. My view is if you wanna touch some ones head that's fine but be prepared for something coming back

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You said behind not on the side.
Maybe you should learn to type?

Anyway you keep doubling down after being proven wrong.
You said 'kneed in the face', then posted a photo as your own evidence which proved otherwise as well as quoting a picture of a foot. He'd had to run in from front on to knee him in the face.

Are you Michael Christensen by any chance? Would make sense if so.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
In isolation the mark was very good, but not great. There have been better grabs this year, e.g. Heeney.

What made it great was the lead up to it, Ryan's work rate and the fact he was involved up the ground moments before, that he jumped up on the tallest bloke on the field (and BOG if Melb win), in the goal square, deep into the last quarter, scores level and the goal puts the home side in front.

I'm pretty sure that those who judge MOTY take these factors into account and it will be interesting to see where it lands.

Bound For Rory

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You said 'kneed in the face', then posted a photo as your own evidence which proved otherwise as well as quoting a picture of a foot. He'd had to run in from front on to knee him in the face.

Are you Michael Christensen by any chance? Would make sense if so.

You mean the photo of the knee in front of his face, and the other photo of him being kicked in the head.
The one you said he came 'from behind' and didnt cop it in the face at all?

Not sure who Michael Christensen is, but given you cant see what is right in front of you, I'm not surprised you cant even work out who Michael Christian is.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Great mark but I'm not even convinced that it will be mark of the year let alone the best since moorcroft. Although it is on Gawn so that perhaps is why it doesnt seem as great to me as others make it out to be, because Gawn is so tall.

Huh?

Gawn is so tall so its not such a good mark?

So do you think Stuarts leap over Calib Daniels the shortest player in the AFL would rank better?

But Ryan who is 20cm shorter and 30kgs lighter running in from the opposite dirrection against the biggest player on the ground and polaxing him taking a mark isnt that impressive?

Ok!

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You mean the photo of the knee in front of his face, and the other photo of him being kicked in the head.
The one you said he came 'from behind' and didnt cop it in the face at all?

Not sure who Michael Christensen is, but given you cant see what is right in front of you, I'm not surprised you cant even work out who Michael Christian is.
Enjoy being blind.

Footy 1st

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great mark
Cupace20190521112843.png

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
You blokes are pathetic, you love it when faux tough guys like Viney and Harmes are shoving people into the ground after tackling them but turn into little rose petals when it comes back the other way.
Where did I say that I love it when that happens? Quotes please. What’s pathetic is saying that one s**t act justifies another. Haven’t seen any Dees supporters saying how much they love it when our players push and shove. Have seen plenty of Eagles fans justify campaigner acts from their players with whataboutism.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can't actually believe what you just wrote?
Just watched Footy Classifield and Judd commented that the state if the game at the time of Liam Ryan's mark on the weekend (scores were level with 9 minutes to go) would definitely be a consideration when Mark of the Year is being judged.

Who would have thought?

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
As good as it was (it was amazing), Moorcrofts wasn't even the best mark that year.

It was under lights and looked more unorthodox / freakish which gives it points, but Tarrant's was an absolute monster. He was standing on Mark Richardson who was 196cm tall (Moorcroft's was over Brad Johnson who was 182). Hasn't been a better mark than either since.

As for the Ryan mark, it was good but not an all timer.

Just at Collingwood, Tarrant and Howe have both taken several better ones and Krakouer's and Buckley's were also better.

Several better marks from many others too, including Walker's which was an absolute gem.

It was better than Daniher's though.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
As good as it was (it was amazing), Moorcrofts wasn't even the best mark that year.

It was under lights and looked more unorthodox / freakish which gives it points, but Tarrant's was an absolute monster. He was standing on Mark Richardson who was 196cm tall (Moorcroft's was over Brad Johnson who was 182). Hasn't been a better mark than either since.

As for the Ryan mark, it was good but not an all timer.

Just at Collingwood, Tarrant and Howe have both taken several better ones and Krakouer's and Buckley's were also better.

Several better marks from many others too, including Walker's which was an absolute gem.

It was better than Daniher's though.
A lot of Marks were better than Daniher. Howe robbed.

Back