Is Gary Ablett Jr cooked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not cooked but his workload is too high for a 34 year old. Isn't being managed particularly well and could well be banged up come september if the cats play finals. Both Ablett and Dangerfield looked really sore out there...
He copped a corkie in the second quarter

He looks like he really hates contact these days. More than likely playing sore/injured. Still a quality player that can play at this level and dominate, just needs to be fully fit and not carrying niggles

The talk around GAJ has always been that he was going to play in the forwardline for the last few years of his career to better conserve the body. Why hasn't that happened? He's still a great midfielder, but those muscles are tissue paper now.

The talk around GAJ has always been that he was going to play in the forwardline for the last few years of his career to better conserve the body. Why hasn't that happened? He's still a great midfielder, but those muscles are tissue paper now.

He barely played in the midfield at all yesterday and was part of very few centre bounces. Majority of his possessions were in the half forward flank. Geelong are doing already exactly what everyone is saying they should do.

The reason he doesn’t play deep forward is because Geelong prefer to play younger talent such as Forgarty and Jones and Co.

I'd be more concerned about the 27 year old Hannebery after tonight.

Regarding Ablett, playing more of an outside role he was always going to be up against it on a dewy night at the tiny SCG.

I thought Hannebery was 30 or so. He looks absolutely cooked to me. I've never been a fan though tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, he's averaging 28.82 disposals per game this year (34.89% contested), the most at Geelong.

Says something about him that he puts up those numbers and people post that he is finished. He's a gun and our best player - what has changed with him is that he does have some down games here and there, and he doesn't like contact so much anymore.

But I was happy with last night 9 i50s playing half forward and not being the main midfielder is good value I think.

Not cooked but his workload is too high for a 34 year old. Isn't being particularly well managed so could be banged up come september if the cats play finals. Both Ablett and Dangerfield looked really sore out there...
They just had two weeks off, do they get rested again before the season's end? Have plans been altered due to their precarious position in the 8 ? You could rest Ablett V Brisbane and maybe both Danger and Ablett for the final game against the Suns, that's if they are safely in the 8. I still think 5th would be ideal for a good run at it this season! Geelong are in no position to be resting anybody just yet...they need to be safely entrenched before they cop Richmond again on August 3rd. The ladder is tight, do we really want to finish 4th? Bugger that for a joke!

He barely played in the midfield at all yesterday and was part of very few centre bounces. Majority of his possessions were in the half forward flank. Geelong are doing already exactly what everyone is saying they should do.

The reason he doesn’t play deep forward is because Geelong prefer to play younger talent such as Forgarty and Jones and Co.
What are you talking about 'wasn't at many center bounces?' Did you actually watch or just say it because it sounds good? This is the first quarter in pictures beneath... 3 goals kicked and he was at every center bounce so how can you even make that claim? Ablett 1.PNG Ablett 2.PNG Ablett 3.PNG

4 disposals in the first quarter pre his mild corkie.

hes cooked. fried fillet
Averages more effective disposals than everyone on Richmond's list. In fact he's ranked 18th overall in the entire AFL.

I think the celebratory crack pipes have cooked your brain.

Because Ablett pads his stats with cheap handballs
Ranks 15th in the AFL for kicks. More than any Richmond player.

You guys really are fried aren't you?

Obviously short 1 2 kicks
Metres gained averages:

Ablett: 459.45
Martin: 423.85

'Sideways' Martin needs to cut the short 1 2 sideways kicks out of his game if he wants to reach the next level alongside a 34 year old Ablett Jr I'm afraid. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back