Is Gary Rohan the worst finals player of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of the 4 AFL dynasty teams I mean. I rate them the least. You’d kill them. You know he was the main KPF yeah? pretty big deal if he is ass in finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I do as well, but not for the same reason as you. They had extra salary cap that other teams simply did not. Some of these Brisbane champions wouldve left if not for that therefore in a fair competition should’ve left. Disgraceful.

To Hawthorn’s credit they played the whole dead draft years very well to get a threepeat after all the good players were being drafted to just two teams. That could’ve been any team in the league. Right time, right place.

Leaves just our teams now and ours was better than yours on paper by a long stretch even though statistically you trump ours with the third flag a year quicker.

All I’ve written is facts as usual

I do as well, but not for the same reason as you. They had extra salary cap that other teams simply did not. Some of these Brisbane champions wouldve left if not for that therefore in a fair competition should’ve left. Disgraceful.

To Hawthorn’s credit they played the whole dead draft years very well to get a threepeat after all the good players were being drafted to just two teams. That could’ve been any team in the league. Right time, right place.

Leaves just our teams now and ours was better than yours on paper by a long stretch even though statistically you trump ours with the third flag a year quicker.

All I’ve written is facts as usual

Yeah agreed. From there it’s just a system v list argument.

Unprecedented

No you just ignore them. So yeah anyway, even though he was injured on his average in that game he wouldn’t have gotten another disposal. Tbh him going down improved your team as the sub would’ve played better, I don’t even have to check the stats on that. No way the sub got 0 disposals. So your statement earlier regarding his injury means nothing, debunked.

No you just ignore them. So yeah anyway, even though he was injured on his average in that game he wouldn’t have gotten another disposal. Tbh him going down improved your team as the sub would’ve played better, I don’t even have to check the stats on that. No way the sub got 0 disposals. So your statement earlier regarding his injury means nothing, debunked.

Yep - it's stats that matter, and even more than that its the assumption of stats in halves of footy that a player didn't play that really matter. These are especially effective when examined in isolation, away from other stats from other matches that contradict a story one is attempting to tell.

You go, guy :)

Yep - it's stats that matter, and even more than that its the assumption of stats in halves of footy that a player didn't play that really matter. These are especially effective when examined in isolation, away from other stats from other matches that contradict a story one is attempting to tell.

You go, guy :)

He missed about 1 qtr. so using average he wouldn’t have gotten another one. Go read a maths book, you go guy :)

He missed about 1 qtr. so using average he wouldn’t have gotten another one. Go read a maths book, you go guy :)

Ah yes - it is well known that players NEVER "turn it on" in the last quarter after a quiet start to the game. Has never happened before.

ps. You ignored my point about looking at one match in isolation. That's very shallow thinking.

Ah yes - it is well known that players NEVER "turn it on" in the last quarter after a quiet start to the game. Has never happened before.

ps. You ignored my point about looking at one match in isolation. That's very shallow thinking.

Yeah ur right. I’ll assume he would’ve kicked 10 goals then 🥴

Somebody gave his average stats in finals, and it’s s**t. End of story. Maybe not the worst ever finals player but definitely up there. You keep saying for me not to judge him on one game, but you guys do with his 2022 QF, now he’s good all of a sudden and his previous record doesn’t matter.

Why some people try so hard to defend a mediocre player is beyond me. He’ll be forgetten anyway, I’d get it if it was Selwood or somebody but Rohan really ffs. 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah ur right. I’ll assume he would’ve kicked 10 goals then 🥴

Somebody gave his average stats in finals, and it’s s**t. End of story. Maybe not the worst ever finals player but definitely up there. You keep saying for me not to judge him on one game, but you guys do with his 2022 QF, now he’s good all of a sudden and his previous record doesn’t matter.

Why some people try so hard to defend a mediocre player is beyond me. He’ll be forgetten anyway, I’d get it if it was Selwood or somebody but Rohan really ffs. 🤦‍♂️

People mention his starring role in the 2022 GF as a COUNTER-POINT to those bringing up finals in which he has NOT performed well.
I don't think he's a star, but I equally don't think he's a spud.

What we "fans" know about his value to the team is miniscule compared to those inside the clubs he plays for. To play so many finals, and yet be mocked by "fans" indicates to me that "fans" probably know less than they think they know about his value as a footballer.

You're now judging him as a "Mediocre player"? So you (like me) agree he's not the "worst player of all time". It's good to be on the same page as you for once. :)

I've got to take my hat off to you for your over-simplistic view of life. Stats? If Chris Scott was concerned solely with disposals Rohan wouldn't get a game. Luckily, he isn't. And that's probably why Cats are reigning premiers.

I've got to take my hat off to you for your over-simplistic view of life. Stats? If Chris Scott was concerned solely with disposals Rohan wouldn't get a game. Luckily, he isn't. And that's probably why Cats are reigning premiers.

How much influence can you have with 1 disposal? Like really man. He’s just running around like a headless chicken. Go compete in marathons if you just wanna run.

Replace Rohan with an average standard AFL player and you still win probably by more. Scott designating him as a ‘role’ player attests to this. Replaceable with a click of the figures.

How much influence can you have with 1 disposal? Like really man. He’s just running around like a headless chicken. Go compete in marathons if you just wanna run.

Replace Rohan with an average standard AFL player and you still win probably by more. Scott designating him as a ‘role’ player attests to this. Replaceable with a click of the figures.

How many more of our past 16 games would we have won with someone else in the team?

Tell me. 17? 25? 41,284?

How many more of our past 16 games would we have won with someone else in the team?

Tell me. 17? 25? 41,284?

The exact number is unknowable, as you very well know. But it’ll be at least 1 more guaranteed.

Would you win more games if you replaced Rohan with GAS? Yeah, but who know how many though. Stupid question tbh.

The streak would’ve been longer moron. THINK 🤣🤣🤣

Just popping back in to say the streak hasn't ended yet. We won our last game of the year.

fa06facc2048d0cf56aecb4de577f7c2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back