IS GEELONG PLAYING A BALANCED SIDE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather:
a) Win a flag (Malthouse Style)
b) Lose a prelim (Geelong Style)

Personally, I'll take the flag even if it means our handball to kick ratio is down.
Geelong has only started losing prelims since we started playing boring defensive football. Before that our prelim record was like 6 wins and 2 loses.

Has got bad enough I don't really anymore. Follow Geelong. Check scores of other matches but no interest in sitting down and watching them or even the 'highlights' as way more often than not it's absolute rubbish quality and boring as hell.
I am the same. Follow the Dogs scores a little bit cause of the kids, but they are boring as f**k. Maybe if JJ gets going again....
We are lucky going for Geelong at the moment cause of Ablett and Miers.
DeGoey from Pies is allright to watch. Dusty sometimes, Buddy sometimes.
But even those 3 teams are so boring that it's not worth watching them play.
Robbie Gray sometimes too but you never know if he'll be on or not.
But even all those players aren't worth watching a game for.

Has got bad enough I don't really anymore. Follow Geelong. Check scores of other matches but no interest in sitting down and watching them or even the 'highlights' as way more often than not it's absolute rubbish quality and boring as hell.
Absolutely agree.. I'm younger than 35, but older than 30, football is ugly to watch. If I didn't follow Geelong I wouldn't watch much football. I hate rule Changes but they have to do something about it to make it better to watch.
A local Country/Metro is better to watch then AFL besides the skills which for a non professional level still good. Players play there positions, especially a Full Forward you rarely see down in there opposition forward...
Loved footy in the 90s especially when they were hard and tough footy

Watching Geelong is like standing behind an idiot at your local coffee shop who orders a "Double Cappuccino - half-caf, non-fat milk, with just enough foam to be aesthetically pleasing but not so much that it spends most of it's life in my hipster beard, no make that a Tall, Half-Caff, Soy Latte At 120 Degrees, not 119, nor 121, but 120" ...Of course you're going to walk out and go somewhere else. I gave up on Geelong after the Richmond game, that's when i knew they won't figure in this year's Grand Final. They scored 1 goal 2 in 2 QTRs of that game...Man, the alarm bells were ringing loudly in that last QTR! If they played Richmond next week they would be soundly beaten. Geelong are about the equivalent of Essendon, the Swans and North, just below the Dogs and a rung above Freo!

I think you’re being over pessimistic, but I loved your subtle Frasier reference with the coffee order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree.. I'm younger than 35, but older than 30, football is ugly to watch. If I didn't follow Geelong I wouldn't watch much football. I hate rule Changes but they have to do something about it to make it better to watch.
A local Country/Metro is better to watch then AFL besides the skills which for a non professional level still good. Players play there positions, especially a Full Forward you rarely see down in there opposition forward...
Loved footy in the 90s especially when they were hard and tough footy

I miss the free flowing footy Geelong invented 10 - 12.years ago, and the tough, uncompromising footy of yesteryear.

Watching footy is like watching tv now. You get annoyed with the constant breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back