Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have hawks relatives that just laugh whenever GFC is discussed. They love you guys and keep wanting to play you in finals. So do I, that’s the sad state your club is in. People want to play you in finals. The rest of the comp is getting that way as well, everybody thinks you are easy beats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do they.

Because of their 60 per cent winning record in finals? Wow, it’s huge!!! Do they laugh at the grand final record too?. It’s almost as though if two sides met three times in finals, and results were split, one of them would have to have 2 victories and the other would have 1. Which is the case.
Wow that’s so funny I can see why they laugh a lot!!! When people ask them if they want to go and watch a new Will Ferrell comedy, do your relatives go ‘no way!!! We are going to stay in and laugh at Hawthorn winning 6 out of 10 finals against Geelong!!!’

Is that what happens?

Coz it IS funny

We are 1-2 in grand finals against Hawthorn and played arguably the greatest decider ever played, we got Gary Ablett Sr from them, they upset arguably the best home and away team in history and their president went on TV and slagged us off.

For the entire life of most Geelong and Hawthorn fans who post here, the two sides and their fans have hated each other. In 2007 they beat us, in some of their flag years we beat them because it was ALWAYS a match played with passion and almost invariably was close. Same as West Coast and Sydney.

For nearly 40 years we bent Richmond over almost every time we played them, and routinely either forgot or didn’t bother with lube.

Mind you, most teams in the afl bent Richmond over weekly during that era.

You got good and you beat us in some finals. You beat other teams too.

What does that mean in the grand scheme of, for example, my lifetime? That the only period of following footy that matters is 2017-2020?

What? What is it you are so desperate to hear from everyone else about your beloved team?

Exactly even in the 80s hawks treated you like bunny’s. GAS coming from hawthorn makes it even better, absolute troll

So you can take away the hawks rivalry now, it doesn’t exist. Is there another rivalry you have to talk about? Can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Just realised SDK in 21. Gibcus is 18 and is almost as good or just as good. Lol Gibcus will eclipse SDK in a few years.

Oh well if anyone is 18 at the moment they will just keep getting better every yeah no matter what.

A player’s birth certificate is actually what does their coaching and development.

Exactly even in the 80s hawks treated you like bunny’s. GAS coming from hawthorn makes it even better, absolute troll

So you can take away the hawks rivalry now, it doesn’t exist. Is there another rivalry you have to talk about? Can’t think of any off the top of my head.

WHOA!!!! Did they? Did the greatest dynasty in the history of the competition treat a mediocre side like bunnies back then in the 80s? Really???!? You’re joking aren’t you?

Hey are you serious or are you just joking? Did a team that made 8 grand finals in 9 years beat a mid-table side a lot? Really? Are you serious?

Geez that IS one to really shake you’re head at

Oh well if anyone is 18 at the moment they will just keep getting better every yeah no matter what.

A player’s birth certificate is actually what does their coaching and development.

It'll be the same thing as how Richmond fans swear on their life Rance is the best FB since SOS. But in reality, it's Scarlett and Rance isn't fit to clean his shoes.

impressive melt, small correction - Selwood definitely has had a better career than Cotchin though

Better player but not a better leader imo. 3 x premiership captain starting at a time when the club was a joke outweighs what Selwood has done captaining a dynasty team from the year before at the start of his. Even after the cats dynasty players left, Geelong had a good enough team to make top 4 for many years longer than what Cotchin had.

Better player but not a better leader imo. 3 x premiership captain starting at a time when the club was a joke outweighs what Selwood has done captaining a dynasty team from the year before at the start of his. Even after the cats dynasty players left, Geelong had a good enough team to make top 4 for many years longer than what Cotchin had.

But your friend Blaisee reckons those times don’t matter.

Now I’m confused.

It’s almost as though their flags are somehow worth more because they beat us during those finals series.

Like we sat around after 07/09/11 going ‘well f*** this feels hollow we didn’t get to beat Richmond.’

Both sets of fans have literally experienced the same amount of the ultimate high in that time, of winning a grand final. Again it’s like the two golfers with the same amount of majors, one of whom is on the front page of the leaderboard every time he plays, the other of whom misses cut after cut after cut then pops up and wins.
The first guy isn’t somehow less successful.

My personal favourite is the ‘we’re a bigger club than you.’

Well wow, what a special achievement

We aren’t saying our flags are worth more. Stick to the topic this is about rivalries. It takes two to tango and so far you haven’t joined the dance because you haven’t taken any flags off us unlike us with you.

We aren’t saying our flags are worth more. Stick to the topic this is about rivalries. It takes two to tango and so far you haven’t joined the dance because you haven’t taken any flags off us unlike us with you.

Bro, we are all in agreement that we have no rivalry lmao

Oh so now club size is a thing!!!!

F***in hell if I knew you on real life I would take the piss out of you relentlessly enough to the point that you would put yourself back through school to actually UNlearn all this s**t you think is meaningful.

Our club comes from a small coastal city, do you really think we would support it based on its size? What does that mean? ‘Oh look at me I’m a sheep and only love this thing because heaps of other people love it too and Pat me on the bum and tell
me how cool I am because I like something that heaps of other people do too.’

🤣🤣🤣

Quick mate, better sign up with Real Madrid, Manchester United, the Chicago Bulls, the Indian cricket side as well and show the world how cool
You are because you like popular things

I mentioned club size because that’s what the big 4 compete over. That’s why they are called the big 4 obviously. You guys can’t even do that, what do you even have going for you?

Yes it does take two to tango.

Like how it took Collingwood, Port, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda, The Bulldogs, West Coast, Sydney, and Fremantle to tango with us during our peak years while Richmond were off going to Bali rub-and-tug studios every September.

Maybe don’t use the phrase ‘it takes to to tango’ when you’re trying to make people ignore that you made finals when we were winning flags regularly - it reflects badly when your own club was never one of the two doing the tangoing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned club size because that’s what the big 4 compete over. That’s why they are called the big 4 obviously. You guys can’t even do that, what do you even have going for you?

The fact we're probably the best ran club in Australia?

It’s bizarre that Richmond sits out of the 8 and is no guarantee to make finals. Yet there are Richmond posters who have convinced themselves that winning H&A games means jack s**t, and that H&A wins are “meaningless”

We play football and try and win games of it.

What’s your point now, that the AFL should just be 4 rich groups of crayon using deadshits arguing over who’s got the biggest club?

The big 4? Oh wow I’m so desperate to be a part of it so people can talk about how our business is one of the four richest in the competition and my club is followed by so many people!!!

Watching Tyson Stengle resurrect his career from utter ruin jist isn’t the same without knowing there are 100,000 cats members oh boo hoo we aren’t the biggest 😥😥😥

It’s bizarre that Richmond sits out of the 8 and is no guarantee to make finals. Yet there are Richmond posters who have convinced themselves that winning H&A games means jack s**t, and that H&A wins are “meaningless”

Missed finals last season and will be lucky to make it this season. Their dynasty is gone. Yet they talk big.

AA jumpers the player has to perform for and get it themselves.

Your Premiership captain can get carried by the other 22.. thus Cotchin.

You even identified it yourself.

Go Catters

No leaders change the culture of your club. Cotchin did that Selwood done nothing and just kept the status quo that Bomber and Scott built

Do they.

Because of their 60 per cent winning record in finals? Wow, it’s huge!!! Do they laugh at the grand final record too?. It’s almost as though if two sides met three times in finals, and results were split, one of them would have to have 2 victories and the other would have 1. Which is the case.
Wow that’s so funny I can see why they laugh a lot!!! When people ask them if they want to go and watch a new Will Ferrell comedy, do your relatives go ‘no way!!! We are going to stay in and laugh at Hawthorn winning 6 out of 10 finals against Geelong!!!’

Is that what happens?

Coz it IS funny

What years were those GFs out of curiosity?

No leaders change the culture of your club. Cotchin did that Selwood done nothing and just kept the status quo that Bomber and Scott built

Tom Harley, Paul Chapman, Steve Johnson, Matthew Scarlett and a few I'm probably forgetting said Selwood changed the culture of Geelong from day one. There have been books written, interviews done Open Mike's where this topic is often talked about. Joel Selwood is the #1 reason Geelong has been successful during his time there

What should he have done when taking over a team that had just won 3 flags.

Deliberately made the culture awful so he could be Falcon’s hero and build it up again?

Planted drugs in his teammates lockers?

Smashed the back out of tomahawk’s wife just to create division?

Dressed up as a doctor and Botched each of Dan Menzel’s knee reconstructions?

THEN tried to build things back up again to show what a good captain he is?

Gibcus in 3 years will most likely be better than SDK is now. He’s almost as good or just as good now.

WHOA!!!! Did they? Did the greatest dynasty in the history of the competition treat a mediocre side like bunnies back then in the 80s? Really???!? You’re joking aren’t you?

Hey are you serious or are you just joking? Did a team that made 8 grand finals in 9 years beat a mid-table side a lot? Really? Are you serious?

Geez that IS one to really shake you’re head at

Again this is not about the rest of the comp, just you and hawks atm. You don’t beat them when it matters period.

What should he have done when taking over a team that had just won 3 flags.

Deliberately made the culture awful so he could be Falcon’s hero and build it up again?

Remember we've fallen off the cliff every season since 2011. Selwood destroyed the club by keeping us relevant, a top-of-the-table team and a free agent destination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back