Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Again this is not about the rest of the comp, just you and hawks atm. You don’t beat them when it matters period.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except for when we do, it seems.

‘You don’t beat them ever when it matters except if Travis Varcoe kicked straight in 2013 you would have a 50 per cent finals record against them.’

No superb, another absolutely brilliant and completely correct point, well done, how many floors of Crown Plaza did you privately book to set up all the analysts that gave you this remarkable conclusion? 5? 6?

It'll be the same thing as how Richmond fans swear on their life Rance is the best FB since SOS. But in reality, it's Scarlett and Rance isn't fit to clean his shoes.

Idk about SOS but rance is in the same tier as Scarlett imo. Scarlett wasn’t unbeatable, both him and Enright couldn’t defend a fat bloke in the 08 GF. Must have fell asleep or something.

Idk about SOS but rance is in the same tier as Scarlett imo. Scarlett wasn’t unbeatable, both him and Enright couldn’t defend a fat bloke in the 08 GF. Must have fell asleep or something.

Exactly what I was saying. Hilarious.

27 votes and 2nd whilst losing votes to Stevie J who finished 4th on 25 is a better performance than Cotchin in 2012. Might start claiming it as a win like Cotchin does with 2012.

So again you show your remarkable analytical skills by trying to pin a 15 minute burst from a good footballer on an opponent who in no circumstance should ever have to cross paths with him on a football field.

Right.

But it’s ok when a four eyed American who has as much AFL background as Vladimir Putin knocks your team out - that was just bad luck, nothing to do with Richmond’s defence, right?

Do you actually watch any football that isn’t just highlights tapes of Richmond, or does literally ALL of your insight into both historical and current football involving ither sides just come from what someone ‘once told you.’

Seriously.

You’ve peddled this Stewart Dew bullshit about 50 times - and you know what? Cats fans COULD buy it. We COULD go, ‘you know what? Yeah that’s what it was. Just a freak occurrence. Just one of those things where someone gets hot for 20 minutes and blows the game open.’

But you know what? We don’t. You know why?

Well firstly, because most of us graduated past pre-school so we are one-up on you straight away.

But mostly? Because anyone who ACTUALLY watched that game - which you could, it’s ok YouTube - knows that a whole bunch of factors were at work.

We kicked poorly. We were missing targets. Hawthorn had a specific plan built around not allowing our front half to lock the ball in, they rushed behinds when they had to, they slowed down our play, they tackled hard and they were marshalled by a superb performance by Luke Hodge in defence and Sam Mitchell around the ball.

But no, YOU, in your never ending bid to prove to the bigfooty world that you don’t watch the game at all, think you’re some sort of brilliant analyst because you’ve cited a good patch of football by one of the few premiership players already in Hawthorn’s team that day.

Oh yeah brilliant, the Cats of that day are the first team to ever lose in an upset: everything those players achieved before or since that day, doesn’t count because the REAL test was the third quarter of that grand final.

‘Sorry Scarlett we can’t let you in the hall of fame even though every key forward of the era said you were the best.’
‘Why not, c***?’ [im trying to speak like Scarlett would]
‘Because of that 20 minutes where a guy you weren’t playing on played good.’

Yes it does take two to tango.

Like how it took Collingwood, Port, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda, The Bulldogs, West Coast, Sydney, and Fremantle to tango with us during our peak years while Richmond were off going to Bali rub-and-tug studios every September.

Maybe don’t use the phrase ‘it takes to to tango’ when you’re trying to make people ignore that you made finals when we were winning flags regularly - it reflects badly when your own club was never one of the two doing the tangoing.

Did you all take flags off each other? No, so no rivalries. They were all one way, either favourable or unfavourable to you.

Did you all take flags off each other? No, so no rivalries. They were all one way, either favourable or unfavourable to you.

Yeah they were all one way like how in one season we lost to Collingwood and they won the flag and the next season we beat Collingwood and we won the flag.
Or like how we lost to hawthorn one season and they won the flag then in another season we beat them and we won the flag.

Yeah they were all one way hey!!!!

Another stunning demonstration of your knowledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact we're probably the best ran club in Australia?

How do you get that? There are clubs that are financially stronger than you and bigger. Your stadium is also falling apart. My cousin who works in AFL media went to GMHBA for a game, he said there were broken sewage lines and the away teams rooms smelt like crap. In the post match presser the away coach does it in a literal shed.

He said he’d never seen a stadium be so bad for the away team and so pristine for the home team.

How do you get that? There are clubs that are financially stronger than you and bigger. Your stadium is also falling apart. My cousin who works in AFL media went to GMHBA for a game, he said there were broken sewage lines and the away teams rooms smelt like crap. In the post match presser the away coach does it in a literal shed.

He said he’d never seen a stadium be so bad for the away team and so pristine for the home team.

hahahahahahaha

So being richer means you’re better run.

😂😂😂😂😂

If I ran a club for transvestite nudists in the centre of Abu Dhabi it would probably get rich no matter how I ran it. That’s how numbers and money work.

Establishing a club that can make more money from 25,000 at a home game in Geelong than 70,000 at a home game in Melbourne, being profitable with a third the population base of each Melbourne club, getting rid of poker machines, continually bringing good players to the club, low turnover of staff, community programs - that’s what makes a club well run.

I went to school with a kid who I bet you’re exactly like.

He used to tell all of us ‘my dad is better than yours.’

We’d ask him why and he’d say ‘because he has a bigger farm than your dads and we have more money.’

So yeah. His dad was better, clearly.

And WOW - isn’t that amazing!!!!! A ground being redeveloped, is still being redeveloped!!!!

Holy hell!!!!! Can you believe it!!!!

Will our community impact be lessened by where that press conference was held?

Was this cousin part of the comedy arm of your family who laugh at the 6-4 Hawthorn-Geelong finals record?

So again you show your remarkable analytical skills by trying to pin a 15 minute burst from a good footballer on an opponent who in no circumstance should ever have to cross paths with him on a football field.

Right.

But it’s ok when a four eyed American who has as much AFL background as Vladimir Putin knocks your team out - that was just bad luck, nothing to do with Richmond’s defence, right?

Do you actually watch any football that isn’t just highlights tapes of Richmond, or does literally ALL of your insight into both historical and current football involving ither sides just come from what someone ‘once told you.’

Seriously.

You’ve peddled this Stewart Dew bullshit about 50 times - and you know what? Cats fans COULD buy it. We COULD go, ‘you know what? Yeah that’s what it was. Just a freak occurrence. Just one of those things where someone gets hot for 20 minutes and blows the game open.’

But you know what? We don’t. You know why?

Well firstly, because most of us graduated past pre-school so we are one-up on you straight away.

But mostly? Because anyone who ACTUALLY watched that game - which you could, it’s ok YouTube - knows that a whole bunch of factors were at work.

We kicked poorly. We were missing targets. Hawthorn had a specific plan built around not allowing our front half to lock the ball in, they rushed behinds when they had to, they slowed down our play, they tackled hard and they were marshalled by a superb performance by Luke Hodge in defence and Sam Mitchell around the ball.

But no, YOU, in your never ending bid to prove to the bigfooty world that you don’t watch the game at all, think you’re some sort of brilliant analyst because you’ve cited a good patch of football by one of the few premiership players already in Hawthorn’s team that day.

Oh yeah brilliant, the Cats of that day are the first team to ever lose in an upset: everything those players achieved before or since that day, doesn’t count because the REAL test was the third quarter of that grand final.

‘Sorry Scarlett we can’t let you in the hall of fame even though every key forward of the era said you were the best.’
‘Why not, c***?’ [im trying to speak like Scarlett would]
‘Because of that 20 minutes where a guy you weren’t playing on played good.’

I realise that Rance lost to Cox. That’s why if you read carefully I said in the same tier not better than him. That aside Rance couldn’t beat Cox because of his height/reach, it wasn’t a skill issue like Dew. Nobody could’ve defended Cox that day, we are all very lucky he does it 1 once every 3 years cause he’s unco.

I realise that Rance lost to Cox. That’s why if you read carefully I said in the same tier not better than him. That aside Rance couldn’t beat Cox because of his height/reach, it wasn’t a skill issue like Dew. Nobody could’ve defended Cox that day, we are all very lucky he does it 1 once every 3 years cause he’s unco.

Who in blue f*** would assess Rance on that game?

No one.

Yeah I think it’s funny that it happened but does it somehow cancel out his other few hundred games?

Does Bradman suddenly become a s**t batsman because Eric Hollies bowled him for a duck in his last test innings?

Times when your club is a joke don’t matter according to him.

So who cares what Cotchin did when they were s**t.

He must have meant it in a team perspective not about Cotchin as we won flags later so it doesn’t matter. I agree.
I’m sure you guys don’t stress over your 44 year drought after 07-09-11.

He must have meant it in a team perspective not about Cotchin as we won flags later so it doesn’t matter. I agree.
I’m sure you guys don’t stress over your 44 year drought after 07-09-11.

I didn’t care too much about the time I followed us because the first game I watched was a grand final. Between then and 2011 we were in finals more often than not and played 8 grand finals in total so yeah I didn’t.

It pissed me off that we were bad enough for 20 years before that to become a joke, though.

Who in blue f*** would assess Rance on that game?

No one.

Yeah I think it’s funny that it happened but does it somehow cancel out his other few hundred games?

Does Bradman suddenly become a s**t batsman because Eric Hollies bowled him for a duck in his last test innings?

No, I’m not doing that.

The other guy is making it out like Scarlett is untouchable. He isn’t. I don’t like when people do this to players because of nostalgia as you know. I’ve had arguments with people on the overrated thread about it regarding Lethal as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back