Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your stadium is also falling apart. My cousin who works in AFL media went to GMHBA for a game, he said there were broken sewage lines and the away teams rooms smelt like crap. In the post match presser the away coach does it in a literal shed.

He said he’d never seen a stadium be so bad for the away team and so pristine for the home team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
LOFL. How old are you? And I call 100% bullshit on your story. I doubt you have a cousin working in AFL Media.

LOFL. How old are you? And I call 100% bullshit on your story. I doubt you have a cousin working in AFL Media.

Why would they have two media conference centres for the different sides? I’ve actually BEEN to the conferences being talked about and I’ve never come across one where each team had a separate spot.

The media themselves wouldn’t allow it

Hahah got no problem with that mate. I’m a gym junkie.

hahaha, you've previously told us you're loaded, drive a Mercedes, live in Camberwell and now you're also gonna tell us we should be mirin and you get heaps of ladies. Cousin works in AFL media too. You must have a pretty sweet life, not sure why you even bother with us plebs on an internet forum with all your cool guy points

Why would they have two media conference centres for the different sides? I’ve actually BEEN to the conferences being talked about and I’ve never come across one where each team had a separate spot.

And the away team rooms are in the new Hickey stand which opened in 2005.

I don’t make s**t up. My cousin is a lefty so he’s always polite, for him to say it’s bad it’s really bad. I’ve never even heard him swear in my life. You guys should go there and check it out sometime.

hahaha, you've previously told us you're loaded, drive a Mercedes, live in Camberwell and now you're also gonna tell us we should be mirin and you get heaps of ladies. Cousin works in AFL media too. You must have a pretty sweet life, not sure why you even bother with us plebs on an internet forum with all your cool guy points

I do drive a merc (it’s second hand ), everything else is legit I swear to god. My cousin does the highlight package stuff I think.

I don’t know any details of the location. If he goes there again I’ll ask him to take a pic.

And the away team rooms are in the new Hickey stand which opened in 2005.

My cousin went a few months ago. Do you know if any construction was being done, to fix the piping or something?

I don’t make s**t up. My cousin is a lefty so he’s always polite, for him to say it’s bad it’s really bad. I’ve never even heard him swear in my life. You guys should go there and check it out sometime.

Firstly, the football club doesn’t own or manage GMHBA Stadium. Did your leftie cousin report what he saw or did he simply pass it onto you to discuss on BF? A leaking sewage pipe is serious, in case you didn’t know.can lead to spread of disease.

I still call bullshit on the story. It is just so improbable and coming from you only adds to the improbability.

Firstly, the football club doesn’t own or manage GMHBA Stadium. Did your leftie cousin report what he saw or did he simply pass it onto you to discuss on BF? A leaking sewage pipe is serious, in case you didn’t know.can lead to spread of disease.

I still call bullshit on the story. It is just so improbable and coming from you only adds to the improbability.

He doesn’t have social media including BF . Spoke to me in person, I didn’t even bring it up. He just got an internship.

My cousin went a few months ago. Do you know if any construction was being done, to fix the piping or something?

No. Construction is happening nowhere near the Opposition team rooms. Are you sure your AFL Media cousin wasn’t at the St Mary’sOval which is next to GMHBA?

Go back to your cousin, tell him you’re in discussion on BF about what he reported to you, and ask him to confirm the details

No. Construction is happening nowhere near the Opposition team rooms. Are you sure your AFL Media cousin wasn’t at the St Mary’sOval which is next to GMHBA?

Go back to your cousin, tell him you’re in discussion on BF about what he reported to you, and ask him to confirm the details

Yeah just did. I’ll let you know what he says, he’s working rn at the games so could be a while.

He says he can’t say anything more because he’ll get into big trouble. This is what he did say to me just now:

‘Basically the away locker rooms and press area are tiny, about the size of local leagues. However the home rooms and press area were pretty much brand new and looked luxurious’

This is all he could remember.

He didn’t want to say anything else about sewage cause it’s a pretty big deal (He said he doesn’t want to be another Tom Morris lol). Doubt GFC would want that out there anyway.

Maybe this rings a bell for you guys if you’ve been in them.

EDIT: he also said that the away presser room has plastic chairs and they just put the GFC sheet thing behind the mics to cover up the old wall behind it or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He says he can’t say anything more because he’ll get into big trouble. This is what he did say to me just now:

‘Basically the away locker rooms and press area are tiny, about the size of local leagues. However the home rooms and press area were pretty much brand new and looked luxurious’

He didn’t want to say anything else about sewage cause it’s a pretty big deal (He said he doesn’t want to me other Tom Morris lol). Doubt GFC would want that out there anyway.

So it’s bullshit. The away rooms are in the stand that opened in 2005, not 1905. The player rooms had to meet minimum standards.

So it’s bullshit. The away rooms are in the stand that opened in 2005, not 1905. The player rooms had to meet minimum standards.

I have no idea about minimum standards. But it’s pretty clear there is a noticeable size difference.

He didn’t want to say anything else about sewage cause it’s a pretty big deal (He said he doesn’t want to be another Tom Morris lol). Doubt GFC would want that out there anyway.

EDIT: he also said that the away presser room has plastic chairs and they just put the GFC sheet thing behind the mics to cover up the old wall behind it or something.

Re. The last bit? What do you think happens at a tonne of press conferences

Re. The last bit? What do you think happens at a tonne of press conferences

No idea. I’m just going off what he said, he’s asked questions to coaches before. So maybe they aren’t always like that since he pointed it out.

No idea. I’m just going off what he said, he’s asked questions to coaches before. So maybe they aren’t always like that since he pointed it out.

99 per cent of press conferences are staged in a room that may or may not be permanently furnished (I’m sure a ground like the MCG or Perth Stadium has a permanently furnished main media room), they have a desk that is decorated with the relevant sponsor logos and products, a couple of bottles of water, and a backdrop that may or may not be changed between interviews.

Press will gather straight after the game, they all know each other and often know the people being interviewed, they talk amongst themselves, a ground or league media manager will usher in one group of people - losing player and captain usually - will allow 4-5 minutes of questions then will say ‘time for one more’ and that’s what happens. They get rid of them then bring in the opposition captain and coach.

I have not been to any AFL post match pressers but have been to a handful of NRL ones and a dozen post-race conferences at the Bathurst 1000 and I’ve never known any venue to use two different media centres

99 per cent of press conferences are staged in a room that may or may not be permanently furnished (I’m sure a ground like the MCG or Perth Stadium has a permanently furnished main media room), they have a desk that is decorated with the relevant sponsor logos and products, a couple of bottles of water, and a backdrop that may or may not be changed between interviews.

Press will gather straight after the game, they all know each other and often know the people being interviewed, they talk amongst themselves, a ground or league media manager will usher in one group of people - losing player and captain usually - will allow 4-5 minutes of questions then will say ‘time for one more’ and that’s what happens. They get rid of them then bring in the opposition captain and coach.

I have not been to any AFL post match pressers but have been to a handful of NRL ones and a dozen post-race conferences at the Bathurst 1000 and I’ve never known any venue to use two different media centres
he is just lying for the sake of it, I'm surprised you didn't point out his comment about the 'press area' being the size of a local league clubs.

Lower level clubs don't have press areas lol

lol

but thing is, Selwood can't get the job done can he, and he has 10 years as captain, and heaps of finals, just keeps losing em, wonder why?

Trent on the other hand, somehow gets it done

"We won because of Dusty"

"Cotchin got it done when it mattered"

Which one is it?

The fact is Selwood outperformed Cotch in all the GF they have been in, Selwoods 5 and Cotchins 3. The Cats losing 2 haven't been Selwoods fault. Whereas Tugs winning 3 haven't been because of Cotch.

Lives an amazing life. Not sure why he needs to post on here 2300 times in 5 months lol

Yes, I'm sure Geelong's stadium, which has 3 new stands and is getting a new one, has leaking sewerage, archaic away rooms and a media room in a dingy shed but everyone who goes in there basically has to sign an NDA to not get in trouble. Yes, sure.

"We won because of Dusty"

"Cotchin got it done when it mattered"

Which one is it?

The fact is Selwood outperformed Cotch in all the GF they have been in, Selwoods 5 and Cotchins 3. The Cats losing 2 haven't been Selwoods fault. Whereas Tugs winning 3 haven't been because of Cotch.

so whose fault was it ?

Not the captains fault?

so whose fault was it ?

Not the captains fault?

No. In 2008 Stokes came in hurt and played bad. Blake, Kelly, Mooney missed a sitter, Ottens missed a sitter.

In 2020 Rohan was unsighted, Ablett got hurt, Simpson KO'd, Parfitt, Hendo, Kolo, MOC. We were carrying passengers and a game style not fit to win.

I understand that you're unable to have a genuine discussion about the sport because you don't actually understand the nuances of the sport, but a singular player doesn't win or lose a game in something like the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back