Coach Is Hardwick now the second best coach in the league behind Clarkson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
whatever helps you sleep at night mate, this year proved that if you are good you win anywhere.
Yeah, as long as you play the majority of the season against other teams who are also in hubs and play a hub team in the GF.

TiggyTig

All Australian
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Regarding good coaches... Is Paul Roos the most over rated coach ever .. why is his name always on these lists as the man to bring in to fix the team and have someone under his wing to take over the role in a few years.. he seems to be rated as a god like coach that can save any club.
Because he fixed Melbourne obviously!

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, as long as you play the majority of the season against other teams who are also in hubs and play a hub team in the GF.
HAHAHAH , um you forgetting the fact we are still playing away from home and still won the flag when there are teams that are able to sleep on their beds and play in their home state with crowds?

wce, freo, brissy, port, ade, gcs

3 of those in the finals, 2 in the top 4 , yet we still win lol

keep the excuses coming

if you are that offended about so called vicbias, dont watch the game, the granny will be played at mcg again for 50 more years unless we get another covid, there will again be more vic teams than interstate teams, that is just the way the comp is. deal with it, the best teams still win the flag, the crap ones dont, vicbias doesnt come into play because the best teams still win

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
HAHAHAH , um you forgetting the fact we are still playing away from home and still won the flag when there are teams that are able to sleep on their beds and play in their home state with crowds?
"We played under identical conditions to 11 other clubs" isn't the killer argument you think it is.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
"We played under identical conditions to 11 other clubs" isn't the killer argument you think it is.
get it through your head mate, there is no vic bias, just LOL how you are claiming vic bias in a year when vic teams barely played in VIC HAHAHAH
talk about salty lolol the best teams win mate, and us richmond are the best

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I haven't said it's a factor this year.
" I don't think winning in a year where almost every club hubbed for an extended period means the Tigers 'took the vichomebias away'. " yeah you did

you said winning a year with hubs (2020) didnt take the vicbias away, hence you are saying its a factor still this year lol
nice try mate
and ill say it again, there is no vicbias
your logic is basically every flag won by vic teams is compromised lol, dont watch the game then if you dont like it, watch the nsw state league or something lel, at least swannies always win that

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Do the Melbourne Storm and the Broncos sook on about NSW bias does anyone know ? Just wondering is sooking a state thing or a generational thing and everyone now does it
They do.... I lived in QLD for 8 years and know all about rugby league media.
However the NSW media are just as sooky when the storm or broncos win, trust me.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
" I don't think winning in a year where almost every club hubbed for an extended period means the Tigers 'took the vichomebias away'. " yeah you did
That doesn't mean it was present this year, it means it'll still be a factor in the competition going forward, for the next 50 years at least.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
That doesn't mean it was present this year, it means it'll still be a factor in the competition going forward, for the next 50 years at least.
That's a different argument though.
Tbh I'm on the side of the GF being rotated between cities.... But Richmond have been utterly dominant in finals and have proved they can win at any ground in finals lately.

So don't hate the players, hate the game.

All for the GF being switched around and yes I hate that it's at the mcg every freaking year no matter who finished highest, but anyone who is trying to dis-credit a club that has won 3 of the last 4 flags is a bit loony.

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
I haven't said it's a factor this year.

What’s the factor ? Victorian teams aren’t guaranteed any home ground advantage during finals. Highest placed side getting a home final is for interstate teams . Victorian clubs play where crowd is maximised. MCG is a shared ground or if Geelong North Saints etc then you don’t get a look in at all.
There's a lot of teams in Victoria so you can't call the run of the mill of a home and away season biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
I wish someone had told the AFL that before the Grand Finals in 14, 15, or 17.

They did tell them. 2017 Adelaide finished top and had two home finals against away teams . 2018 Richmond finished top and played 2 finals at their opponents home ground ?? The Vics do it tough and it's just sometimes an interstate team gets gifted inflated ladder positions and GFs by the AFL and get shown up on the big day.
But the data shows that once you get to the Grand final its pretty well a 50/50 split.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
They did tell them. 2017 Adelaide finished top and had two home finals against away teams.

2018 Richmond finished top and played 2 finals at their opponents home ground ?.
I'm sure you're aware that in 2017 the Grand Final was played at Richmond's home ground and that in 2018 they played all of their finals games there too.

I'm sure you're aware that in 2017 the Grand Final was played at Richmond's home ground and that in 2018 they played all of their finals games there too.

If only I could go back in time to the era of suburban grounds and sook about Collingwood playing grand finals at Melbourne and later Richmond's home ground.

MCG has long hosted the grand final because it is the biggest and best venue and that hasn't changed.

And if fairness is what people really want. Stop arguing for home finals and grand finals. Start arguing for neutral venues.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
If only I could go back in time to the era of suburban grounds and sook about Collingwood playing grand finals at Melbourne and later Richmond's home ground.
Yes, that's exactly like flying interstate to play a team at their home ground. Thank you for your contribution.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
no you meant exactly what you said lol, your logic is basically any team that is vic and wins the granny is tainted

this year proves that vic teams can win anywhere, it doesnt need to be a the g, hence all this stuff about grannies being at the g its not fair is irrelevant, bc at the end of the day the BEST teams win, understand?

you want the granny played at whoop whoop fine whatever, idc tbh because if we are good enough we will win, hence thats why the fact the granny is played at the g makes no difference

and why are you sooking over vic teams playing in vic in the home and away season, you do realize there is more vic teams in the comp right? hence there will always be more games in vic, your logic is legit so dumb

Yes, that's exactly like flying interstate to play a team at their home ground. Thank you for your contribution.
The dimensions of some suburban grounds varied enormously to the mcg, much more than the dimensions of current interstate venues do. A vastly different playing field could have been seen as a bigger disadvantage than a hotel room.

If you want fair - an even playing field - argue for a neutral venue. Seems ridiculous that people use fairness to argue for getting a home ground advantage.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

MCG has long hosted the grand final because it is the biggest and best venue and that hasn't changed.

And if fairness is what people really want. Stop arguing for home finals and grand finals. Start arguing for neutral venues.
yeah its dumb af, the grannie has been played at the g since forever, pretty funny now ppl are sooking about it since the tiges became good, its like they cant believe we can be good so there must be some leg up for us, oh look granny played at g, tiges cant win away from the g, we win away from the g, nope still vicbias lolol, gotta love the logic of these idiots

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm...not?
haha yes you are, stop being indenial mate, you are sooking that vicbias was still relevant this year and you are sooking that vics play more games at home in a normal season when there are more vic teams in the comp than non vic teams, your logic is flawed

as for your granny one, the g has been the host for the granny since forever. get over it

in 2017 noone thought we would of made it let alone win it, and now that we won it it has eaten away at salty losers like you that you need some sort of excuse to rationalize to yourself that we arent as good as we actually are LOL

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
The dimensions of some suburban grounds varied enormously to the mcg, much more than the dimensions of current interstate venues do.
No they didn't.
A vastly different playing field could have been seen as a bigger disadvantage than a hotel room.
Yes, that's the only part of an away trip that's an advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back