Coach Is Hardwick now the second best coach in the league behind Clarkson?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say given how most had Essendon in the bottom two and possible wooden spooners this year Ben Rutten would have to be up there.

Well yeah

because you only play 5 games interstate.

if you played 10 like us and lost 4/5 you would have been lucky to scrape into the 8
We lost 4 out of 5, but if we played five interstate I dare say we would have beaten Freo and Brisbane. That alone probably guarantees us top four. Win one more and we still finish top.

You mean the one year because of a freak occurrence - but other than that the gf is signed away to the mcg till after im dead?
We had one crack at winning a flag outside Victoria and we did it. Can't be too hard if we can do it on our first crack.
Last year Victorian teams spent pretty much the entire season in a hub interstate. It was the first all-Victorian GF since 2011. The two Victorian teams in question defeated sides who were playing at home in front of a rabid crowd. Victorian teams also finished 5th, 6th and 8th after finals. 9th was also a Victorian club. 6 Victorian teams in the top half of the ladder. Exactly the same as 2018 and 2019. More than 2017. If it was so hard to win interstate I would've expected that to drop down a bit.

The ball doesn’t have a conscience that kicks in once the ball leaves a player’s boot that tells it to go in the wrong direction ‘coz the guy that kicked me doesn’t play here often.’
If you think a goal kicking forward doesnt know where to aim at his home ground given weather conditions better than he does away - then youve never looked at h v a goal kicking stats.

We had one crack at winning a flag outside Victoria and we did it. Can't be too hard if we can do it on our first crack.
Last year Victorian teams spent pretty much the entire season in a hub interstate. It was the first all-Victorian GF since 2011. The two Victorian teams in question defeated sides who were playing at home in front of a rabid crowd. Victorian teams also finished 5th, 6th and 8th after finals. 9th was also a Victorian club. 6 Victorian teams in the top half of the ladder. Exactly the same as 2018 and 2019. More than 2017. If it was so hard to win interstate I would've expected that to drop down a bit.

You do realise that neither team was advantaged or disadvantage in the 2020 gf as neither were tenants?

Duh

You also werent flying every second week.

And the rest of the season? Richmond did not get a single home advantage game last year. Same result as 2017 and 2019. Almost like it has minimal impact.
You were hubbed - you werent flying interstate every second week.

Weve seen what happens when your lot fly interstate.

Shannon hurn

our game record holder… 27 games at the mcg….including finals….

Jeremy mcgovern - multiple aa player 13 games at the mcg inc finals

Tom cole 5 years at the eagles - 5 games at the mcg inc finals.
Are you surprised? What did you expect? What point are you trying to make?

Hurn has played 290 games. 156 have been in Perth, leaving 134 games played away. Seems like a good split to me. Statistically probably should have played a few more at the MCG, but statistically probably should have played even more away from Perth.

What do AAs have to with it?

Tom Cole - five years at the Eagles (forgot to mention he’s only played 65 games, the most in a season being last year which was covid-impacted).

Both idealists...both nuts and both prepared to shake the coaches box..otherwise like running on beaches,
walking dogs, riding bikes, guiding their children and creating a harmonious life for their charges/players...
nah.. what a crap shoot

So why don't the eagles request to hub in Victoria for half the season and take occasional flights to remaining away games, then come home for their home games?
Could cut it down to 5 or 6 flights in a year with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flew three times in eight weeks at the back-end of last season. Won them all, including the preliminary final against Port Adelaide. Magically started winning away from home in finals somehow.

Just change your user name to Salty Al and be done with it.

Are you surprised? What did you expect? What point are you trying to make?

Hurn has played 290 games. 156 have been in Perth, leaving 134 games played away. Seems like a good split to me. Statistically probably should have played a few more at the MCG, but statistically probably should have played even more away from Perth.

What do AAs have to with it?

Tom Cole - five years at the Eagles (forgot to mention he’s only played 65 games, the most in a season being last year which was covid-impacted).
You have to go back to the original post i quoted for reference

So why don't the eagles request to hub in Victoria for half the season and take occasional flights to remaining away games, then come home for their home games?
Could cut it down to 5 or 6 flights in a year with that.
well gee i dunno

do they get paid extra seeing as they are away from home and family longer?

Flew three times in eight weeks at the back-end of last season. Won them all, including the preliminary final against Port Adelaide. Magically started winning away from home in finals somehow.

Just change your user name to Salty Al and be done with it.
Wasnt magic

Was a team that had hardened over a period of years.

in 2017/18 they were soft as butter away from home - in 19 they got better - in 20 they were better still.

Winning away from home is really difficult.

Thats why its called home ground advantage.

Wasnt magic

Was a team that had hardened over a period of years.

in 2017/18 they were soft as butter away from home - in 19 they got better - in 20 they were better still.

Winning away from home is really difficult.

Thats why its called home ground advantage.
And its worth no more than two goals per game - which flips exactly zero of our finals wins in the last 4 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back