Is Hartigan in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

How ever many steps Gaff took before he connected with Brayshaw, I guess. "I was just spoiling, sir".

Yes. The perfect equivalent.

Not Danniher getting careless for an elbow or Astbury getting careless for an elbow.

Maybe you should make a police complaint.

I cant imagine how bad you lot will be once you realise there is no flag this year.

Not Danniher getting careless for an elbow or Astbury getting careless for an elbow.

I cant imagine how bad you lot will be once you realise there is no flag this year.
Let me rephrase it for you....

It wasn't an attempted spoil.

Found Christensen lol... Hawkins should have done a Neale and started crying and waving his fingers around - instead he got up and took it like a man. Hartigan weak as piss because he was getting towelled up. Anyway we already know how special the whole system is (including its hate of Hawkins who was getting suspended for the softest jumper punch ever).

Clearly those acts were intentional also.. it’s funny how the AFL are all about minimising concussion with bumps but yet when people throw fists or elbows it tends not to be so serious.

The Astbury Defence seems to been applied. Didn't hurt him, 50m correctly applied.
Should have got a week for stupidity. Must admit I did laugh. However every up-country thug will do it this weekend saying AFL says it's ok and some 18year old playing his first senior game will have 3 teeth and a jaw shattered.
If he had done any damage it would have been 5-6 weeks.
Hartigan got a let out of jail free for the old time memories but he wouldn't want to do it again.
That’s the thing. Kids will see the video and the MRO finding and think it’s OK to whack your opponent to the head when he marks the ball

Last edited:
Dont mind if they start giving blatantly late and obvious cheap shots like this 1 week. Its pretty cowardly, whacking a bloke in the head out of frustration that you weren't good enough to beat your opponent.

That said, under current rules it's a fine at most. But if they're serious about protecting the head it should at least be a hefty one. Players dgaf about $2000.

Also, the player should have to pay it themselves, not come from the aflpa slush fund.

It's pretty easy, use the grading system and he gets what he gets.

This sort of rubbish should be stamped out. It was an intentional punch to the back of the head. He wasnt going the ball because he knew he was beaten to it. AFL needs to give a week for these (where it is obviously an unrealistic attempt to spoil) and it will disappear pretty quickly.
Also LOL at the Cats fans in here saying only the Cats get held accountable for thuggish actions. How short their memories of Gary Jr. getting away with punching blokes in the head 3 weeks in a row before finally getting done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sort of rubbish should be stamped out. It was an intentional punch to the back of the head. He wasnt going the ball because he knew he was beaten to it. AFL needs to give a week for these (where it is obviously an unrealistic attempt to spoil) and it will disappear pretty quickly.
Also LOL at the Cats fans in here saying only the Cats get held accountable for thuggish actions. How short their memories of Gary Jr. getting away with punching blokes in the head 3 weeks in a row before finally getting done.
i remember maybe 15 years ago seeing joel bowden suspended for a late spoil like this. combine that with the fact that things like tripping doesnt seem to be a suspendable offence anymore *cough* fyfe brownlow*cough* which fletcher would have loved back in the day. Back then the afl dgaf about all the 'look of the game' whingers and just did what it should. Nowadays theyre too afraid to give players suspensions for little things (that still deserve it) because every halfwit thug in the media will have a hissy fit and thats bad pr.

the mro has never been weaker and more inconsistent.

Last edited:
i remember maybe 15 years ago seeing joel bowden suspended for a late spoil like this. combine that with the fact that things like tripping doesnt seem to be a suspendable offence anymore *cough* fyfe brownlow*cough* which fletcher would have loved back in the day

the mro has never been weaker and more inconsistent.
I doubt there is a footy follower in the land that would disagree with the bolded. Christian is woeful but I suspect he is merely Gil's village idiot put in place to make his calls and cop the criticism.

It's pretty easy, use the grading system and he gets what he gets.
It should be pretty easy, ie simply grading this as intentional high contact with low impact.

But you know what will really happen since this is the AFL. Some lesser name player will make a spoil, punching the ball away in marking contest and then their upper arm will make incidental contact with the opponents head and Michael Christian will come in and say that was intentional high contact with low impact and suspend them for one month.

Last edited:
It should be pretty easy, ie simply grading this as intentional high contact with low impact.

But you know what will really happen since this is the AFL. Some lesser name player will make a spoil, punching the ball away in marking contest and then their upper arm will make incidental contact with the opponents head and Michael Christian will come in and say that was intentional high contact with low impact and suspend them for one month.

Lesser name than Hartigan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back