Is Hugh Dixon our Next Pav?

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
What would be the right time to give Hugh Dixon a go as KPP? After making an impact with Peel or trialling him asap with Freo to get some games into him and see if he can make it at AFL level?

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
How big were the WAFL defenders and how big are the AFL defenders he'll go up against - I didn't check to be honest, but the likelihood is that he didn't go mano vs mano against someone 194 -198cm that would use him for a set of lifting weights even though he is the same size as them.

Or in short, he's not going to have competed much against blokes his own size in his junior league, I reckon he'll be ragdolled. Let him get a little bit more practice with body work - and some time to build his core strength.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Darcy Forgerty was given a crack, ran out of steam, but he will be better because of it.

Jake Waterman is a string bean but was given a go.

Eric Hipwood weighs about 67kgs

#Itsnotabouttoday

All for giving him a shot.

Bit early to start comparing him to Pavlich after a single practice match.

We seem happy to throw Brayshaw ‘to the wolves’ so why not Dixon?

How are we throwing Brayshaw to the wolves?

He is physically capable of playing the role we want him to play, and he'll learn.

If you're referring to the press conference ....pfft it was the equivalence of a whipping with a warm lettuce leaf.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
How are we throwing Brayshaw to the wolves?

He is physically capable of playing the role we want him to play, and he'll learn.

If you're referring to the press conference ....pfft it was the equivalence of a whipping with a warm lettuce leaf.
My point is they are the same age. Your words were that we would be throwing him to the wolves, how is that different from Brayshaw? Dixon has proved he can
Play against mature adults so why shouldn’t he get a chance at the elite level?

My point is they are the same age. Your words were that we would be throwing him to the wolves, how is that different from Brayshaw? Dixon has proved he can
Play against mature adults so why shouldn’t he get a chance at the elite level?

One gets to run around in the middle and to a degree we can choose his match ups.

Dixon would get an AFL defender and that's a lot harder.

I'd like to see him build his confidence at Peel before exposing him at AFL.

I'm glad Charlie Curnow and Eric Hipwood got thrown to the wolves when they did!

Fair enough.

Though Hipwood spent half a season developing before debuting.

Curnow debuted early but then injury/illness saw him only play 4 games early and then a couple late.

I'd rather the Hipwood path, prove it at Peel and then force your way in.

Back