Is it a good idea for the NRL teams in Aust. to sign some English players

Remove this Banner Ad

Ms.Storm

Premiership Player
Dec 29, 2000
The GraveYard Olympic Park.Melb.
Other Teams
Melb. Storm
Storm has now signed 2 young English lads to join their squad for next season.
They are probably tight in their salary cap, but at the same time, I have visited a couple of the English rugby league sites, and they are so happy to see that Storm has given these 2 young players a chance to play for the NRL...a big ambition by many young players in England....and also the posts on these MB's suggest these 2 guys are extremely talented.

Is this a good PR exercise and in retrospect, I think its a great idea by Storm management.....it may be something other clubs in Aust. and NZ follow!:p

Well, if they're good enough, and they actually WANT to be here, then I don't see why not.

On the other hand, it would be weakening the pommie league, which is actually weak enough as is. So you have to think about that as well.

I don't really care who plays for Parra as long as they have pride in the jumper while they are wearing it. Cayless is the Kiwi captain, a couple of them play for Queensland... All good to me.

There are, and have been, many English players in the rugby league competition over the years (Mal Reilly, Ellery Hanley, Adrian Morley) so I can't see it being a problem....it hasn't been in the past.

Most Poms who play over here end up strengthening the English game when they return to England and also when they play test for England.

Briedis......

I know this is a bit off topic, but what's the latest on Manly?
I did hear, that the club may not be able to meet some payments to the players, and they are now free agents once again.

I have not had any time to surf the net .... can you fill me in pls.?

Re the English players coming over the Aust., I noticed Nit Picker wanted home grown guys to play NRL....yes I do tend to agree, but its also good to try and get a few of the English lads over here to promote the code...I am sure a couple here and there would be good for the code.

I an really looking forward to the Tests in England with the Roos.

Is Foxtel showing the games, and has anyone got a schedule?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back