Is it getting better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2003
KS's Ignore List :)
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
EDFL
Is the umpiring improving? Just watching the Eagles Hawks game and I can't believe what I am seeing.
If there ever was a case for a public lynching West Coast supporters would be well within their rites. Over the last few weeks I honestly believed I could see a marked improvement, it may have been because the Umps were letting the game go on to a certain extent but tonight it is back to blowing the whistle for the most incredibly non existent situations and in this case very one sided.
Just one example...a 7 metre kick paid a mark, opponent sees that and goes to hold the player..50 mtr penalty. So many more equally as poor.:thumbsdown:

Not improving.

Tonight the umpiring has been terrible.
i actually feel angry for west coast

yeh that 7m kick was the worst of it, the player obviously believed it wasnt long enough and went to lock up the hawk, 50m penalty totally not warranted, a ball up was the appropriate call.

It's hard to believe but it's actually getting worse, a dead set holding the man decision not paid one end ....goes the other end and Buddy gets a soft one.
This is bordering on criminal. I never want to hear anyone say to me again that the umpire can't influence a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawthorn get up in this game it is only down to umpiring, plain and simple! I can't remember a match in recent times where the officiating has been so blatantly one sided, the umps don't even appear to be trying to hide the fact.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories but if this isn't a directive from the AFL to get the Hawks up at all costs then i'm watching a different game:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back