Is it normal that whenever I read a Damien Barrett article I want to punch his face repeatedly?

What best describes Damien Barrett?

• Scumbag and oxygen thief

• Hack pseudo-journalist with tickets on himself

• Decent human being and intelligent man

• Swimming & **** says if Barrett's the best AFL.com.au can do their journalistic standards are woeful

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you even know these people's names? I had to Google them. Won't ever get that time back.
Well, it certainly doesn’t surprise me that I know things that you don’t, that was always a given.
What does surprise is though, that you believe a few minutes of your time gaining knowledge is above you, actually, no, that doesn’t surprise me either.👍

To talk about the hotel you both co-own?
Yeah probably haha. In all honesty though I do think he’s just a * with nothing else to write about.. why else would he be writing about the Lions apparent impending finals appearance halfway through the season lol.. he needs to scrap his silly sliding doors article

Calling an ump a 'bald flog' is too much these days - should have just stuck with flog.
If Mathew Nicholls ever hears the s**t I call him, I’ll be banned for life 😂

Yeah probably haha. In all honesty though I do think he’s just a ****** with nothing else to write about.. why else would he be writing about the Lions apparent impending finals appearance halfway through the season lol.. he needs to scrap his silly sliding doors article
He is a massive flog, I'm just gonna melt ridiculously if Lyin ends up at Carlton so really want it to just be about the hotel.

I can skip the article and still get the same feeling, does that make me a bad person?
I highly doubt that you reading the article would improve his s**t journalism, so, no it doesn’t.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-14/sliding-doors-round-13
If I was Gill ...
Then there is zero chance I would be apologising. No reason to. For way too long, extreme-poor, boorish, aggressive, plain wrong behaviour has been tolerated in the crowds. Over to you, Joffa.

Now we see exactly where the little ratfaced sh*tstain's loyalties lie - with the AFL of course, despite the pretense he puts up of being "tough" on them. :$

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-09/barrett-swans-must-ensure-horses-loyalty-isnt-tested

The first half of this bottom-feeder's article is concerned with speaking glowingly about someone connected with the Swans, which Barrett's been doing his entire career since he knows who butters his bread. Then we get his take on the fan recently evicted from the MCG for calling Umpire Nicholls a "bald-headed flog":

I love how this spineless hack first makes a token effort to argue both sides so he can't be accused of bias, despite most of us knowing he's an AFL mouthpiece with Gill's tentacles so far up his arse he ****s polo balls, and sure enough right after that he tells the plebs in the stands to STFU and deal with it whatever moral decree the AFL in its infinite wisdom issues.

"We're just going to have to cop it" isn't even attempting to soften the blow (its also cute how he uses "we" when he REALLY means "you people") but does make the point bluntly enough for the working classes to grasp it which is surely his goal. The obvious question to ask is what gives Damien Barrett moral authority to determine the rights of members & attendees in the first place, or perhaps does he ever feel like a hypocrite by calling out others for voicing inflammatory opinions when he makes a sleazy living from his own?
Shut your mouth farrrrrrrkstick Damo is elite and Sliding Doors is the greatest football feature going right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incitement to violence against journalists
What is this, Russia?

And on the one hand, it's "Waaah, the AFL won't let me swear and carry on like a campaigner at games" then the next thing you know there's punches being thrown and beers getting poured on people (and not for the first time recently)
How about we all just calm down a little?

I know this is the Bay but that is a disgusting thing to say Bosk.

You'd get weaselly flog fumes all over your marshmallows.
Never said I'd eat them.

Barrett's all about himself and how to use everyone else as a step ladder
"AFL is a ladder..."

Littlefinger-and-Alayne-Season-5-trailer.jpg

Incitement to violence against journalists
What is this, Russia?

And on the one hand, it's "Waaah, the AFL won't let me swear and carry on like a campaigner at games" then the next thing you know there's punches being thrown and beers getting poured on people (and not for the first time recently)
How about we all just calm down a little?
Journalists:D:D:D

First time I'd ever sided with Tim Watson. Perfect summary of Barrett.

“I just have this to say about ‘The Voice of Treason’ – and that’s who he’ll be known as henceforth. This ‘holier than thou’ attitude towards journalism, but is inconsistent in the true values of journalism,” This is how I see it: He holds biases, he holds petty grudges, he loses his balance – which is a fundamental plank, I think, of journalism. I know he thinks I know nothing about it, but I think it is what journalism is all about,” Watson told SEN Breakfast.

“Now what this episode has taught me and informed me – and I think everybody else out there that didn’t already know – is that he is beholden to the AFL.

Back