Opinion Is it okay to have a "second team"?

Is it okay to have a second team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neku

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Still Carlton.
So obviously first and foremost, I'm a Carlton supporter, but I also have a fondness for North Melbourne since my mum goes for them and when I was a kid I used to barrack for both team, until my dad told me that I couldn't do that so I went for Carlton. :p But I still often refer to North as my "second team" i.e, if they are versing Carlton, I want Carlton to win, but other than that, I'm always going for the roos (unless their loss can be of benefit to Carlton ;))

Do people see this as unloyal? I've had this discussion before, and some people think you have to be 100% dedicated to one team and you can't have a second favourite team. What do you guys think? Do you have a second favourite team?

Ive had a particular interest in seeing GCS do well since they kicked off. I live about halfway between the Lions and the Suns. Never really took to the Lions, though through family have attended many of their games on freebies from one of their triple premiership players. But Id like to see the Suns do well though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hate "versing", when did that become common usage?

But, in acknowledgement of the fact that my personal grammar/word usage preferences wasn't the question - I think a second team is fine as long as it is clearly second. There should be no question about who you want to win if your first and second teams are playing each other. I have a second team that will have some of you cursing me (Richmond, thanks Dad), but I NEVER hope they will beat Carlton.

Absolutely okay to have a second team. For example I have always hated Collingwood, now my second hated team is the drug cheats at * and everything they stand for.

If I am to be really honest I have 16 other hated teams. Richmond have been pathetic so long I can't even muster anything more than equal measures of bemusement and derision.

No .. Like others I have a preference like the Dogs yesterday, half my family are doggies the other Blues....So I really wanted the dogs to win yesterday

I have only one love / passion... Blue Baggers

Back