Society/Culture Is it possible to "include" everyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Contradictory? Ah yeah!.

There are some small minorities that believe everyone is a good person and we can all sit around the camp fire singing "kumbya".

It's clearly evident even in the little world of BF that there are very widely varying opinions. That alone would tell you that you can't possibly include everyone.

It's been proven time and again that even cultures cannot co exist, admittedly it's the exception rather than the rule but the issue exists.

If there is anyone out there in the BF world that believes it's possible that everyone is a good person and can all be included with each other in various communities, events - whatever I'd like to hear from you.

If you can prove me wrong then you should probably be accepting the Nobel peace prize instead debating me on here, coz you've just achieved what's never been achieved in human history.

Any takers?

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Contradictory? Ah yeah!.

There are some small minorities that believe everyone is a good person and we can all sit around the camp fire singing "kumbya".

It's clearly evident even in the little world of BF that there are very widely varying opinions. That alone would tell you that you can't possibly include everyone.

It's been proven time and again that even cultures cannot co exist, admittedly it's the exception rather than the rule but the issue exists.

If there is anyone out there in the BF world that believes it's possible that everyone is a good person and can all be included with each other in various communities, events - whatever I'd like to hear from you.

If you can prove me wrong then you should probably be accepting the Nobel peace prize instead debating me on here, coz you've just achieved what's never been achieved in human history.

Any takers?
What do you mean?

Are you trying to conflate multiculturalism with extremism?

Cultures can co-exist. Most of first world societies are evidence of such.

A South Australian living with a Western Australian is completely acceptable. Cannibalism isn't. There is no link...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You have the right to go to gaol... commit a crime worthy of gaol, and you'll end up there.

If you're talking about the right to be excluded from society, law and rules... get off the internet...

Cease clogging up discussions with your bovine level intellect.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Cease clogging up discussions with your bovine level intellect.
Could say the exact same about yourself and your conspiracy theorist mind.

Regarding the topic.. sure it is, but some people like snake don't want to be included. You basically just have to ignore them if they get upset at you trying to include them but it going "wrong". Like the loudmouths on the PC debate, both sides... They just want to be able to yell at anything like an old person.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
What do you mean?

Are you trying to conflate multiculturalism with extremism?

Cultures can co-exist. Most of first world societies are evidence of such.

A South Australian living with a Western Australian is completely acceptable. Cannibalism isn't. There is no link...

Hey cm,

You clearly didn't read or comprehend the post.

I clearly stated that cultures not co existing is not the norm.

Conflating multiculturalism with extremism?

I think you're missing the point, it is clear there is some minorities that view other cultures as not possible to align with. For example there have been some in the past in this country who disagree with western culture and refuse to integrate with it, to the point they wish to do harm in the name of the culture they arrived from - how would could we possibly "include" them in our society without consequence?

Hardly correlating extremism with culture, merely pointing out that some cultures at their endth degree cannot co exist.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
What is a "good person"?
Why does someone have to be an undefined thing/made up thing (good person) to be included?
Why is something only inclusive if everyone partakes?
Where is the evidence that has proven time and again that cultures can't co-exist?

You've done a bang up job of proving yourself wrong using logical fallacies on the left hand side of your argument.

What is a good person?

IMV that is a person that takes responsibility for their lives, respects their neighbor and the next person on the street, contributes positively to the community and by extension are contributing positively to the world as a whole.

Important to note some nut jobs will have a different view of what a good person is, unfortunately these nut jobs are people and some consider them good people underneath it all regardless of their view and feel they should be included.

Why is something inclusive only if everyone partakes?

By the very definition of the word, "inclusive" means just that - anyone excluded is not included. Thought that was pretty evident.

Waiting for your signature LOL response that has zero substance or a bang up job as you put it.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
More circular logic.
A person is good because they're a good person. :rolleyes:

Everyone doesn't have to partake to make it inclusive, that's not the definition of inclusive. :rolleyes:

If you write complete nonsense why shouldn't people laugh?

You're funny 37 and I love our banter.

Again you're completely missing the point.

What is your view of a "good person"? I imagine it would be (or I hope) is very similar to mine.

Remember your and my view as I imagine similar is very very different to some others.

Do I get an LOL response?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
More circular logic.
A person is good because they're a good person. :rolleyes:

Everyone doesn't have to partake to make it inclusive, that's not the definition of inclusive. :rolleyes:

If you write complete nonsense why shouldn't people laugh?

Also, if you look at the thread title the question asks is it possible to include everyone?

Define 'include'?
One could argue that everyone in Australian society is included in that society whether they choose to be or not.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think you're missing the point, it is clear there is some minorities that view other cultures as not possible to align with. For example there have been some in the past in this country who disagree with western culture and refuse to integrate with it, to the point they wish to do harm in the name of the culture they arrived from - how would could we possibly "include" them in our society without consequence?

Give an example?

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Give people agency, the capacity for self-governance. Thus, a person will have a relatively even playing field to make their own choices.

I imagine a society where there is a democratic government, I imagine a society where we have a secular government, I imagine a society where there is a capitalist society, I imagine a society with human rights (regardless of sex, ancestry, disability, religion etc)... which has already been thought up, worked out, formulated, policed and put together by humane people, working together over the vast years of human history. Giving the best possible outcome for the most number of people.

But instead get the Muslim-hating dumb-ass corrupt racist buddy protecting terrorist crony racket known as The Australian Government

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I have some thoughts on this. First off, I treat everyone as a good person and deserving of respect until they prove otherwise. I honestly don't pre-judge based on their skin colour or what band is on their t-shirt or their sexuality. I guess there's a few on here who will say I'm full of s**t, that everyone is a bit prejudiced. Even just a tiny bit.

Honestly. I've never written off an entire culture based on how the odd few come across to me. I maintain that 'a-hole' has no race, nor culture, nor creed. Just like the biological rectal cavity, you will find human arseholes inside every nation on the planet.

You cannot include all of them. You can be as inclusive as possible though, until the arseholes out themselves.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
One person?

Surprised you didn't see "people also searched for"

1553668289790.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back