• I am experiencing awareness

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am a massive Ice Hockey fan. Without doubt the best team sport on the planet. I have more emotionally invested in AFL, but I'd watch Ice Hockey over any other sport except a Crows AFL game :)

Anyway - the Winnipeg Jets supporters have a great way of supporting the team - they create a whiteout.

maxresdefault.jpg

wpg-whiteout-jets-party.png

It made me wonder if we could do a BLACK-OUT?

Crows are black, it would look awesome and intimidating. Also has the nice little side story of being "without Power". :) I can see Crows eyes / beak on all black shirts and jumpers.

Thoughts?

Would prefer a Yellow Red and Blue out. As there our colours. But would be hard to do because you'd need 50k each home game to commit to not wearing our colours or wearing crows colours

Would prefer a Yellow Red and Blue out. As there our colours. But would be hard to do because you'd need 50k each home game to commit to not wearing our colours or wearing crows colours
I think you are missing the point slightly. Surely all as one is better than trying to organise three colours - We fly as one? We did that already with caps and it looked rubbish.

Black is simple, and would look great.

I think you are missing the point slightly. Surely all as one is better than trying to organise three colours - We fly as one? We did that already with caps and it looked rubbish.

Black is simple, and would look great.
Black isn't our colour. Poort have that colour and they can keep it.
I like the idea though don't get me wrong but i would think you'd have less people at a hockey game compared to the AFL

Last edited:
Also assumed this was about hoping for a statewide black out before Friday night...

Anyway, like the idea but too many people just don't get into it here. Look at the complaints when people get yellow membership caps as an example, stuff like "I don't wear yellow, doesn't look good on me" etc. rather than this is just a bit of fun for a couple of hours once a fortnight, I'll go along with the flow and it will look good from a distance.

We should all wear different coloured hats in each bay - red, blue, yellow. Would look kinda ok I guess... until people got sick of getting the same hat every year and stopped doing it.

I've noticed it once on tv, when the camera got a shot down the wing from just above head height, and it actually looked pretty good. The rest of the time you can barely tell since most people are just wearing blue (or dark colours) from the neck down anyway.

Hat was fine one year, but did they follow it up with a hat, then a scarfe, then a tshirt, then a flag or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a massive Ice Hockey fan. Without doubt the best team sport on the planet. I have more emotionally invested in AFL, but I'd watch Ice Hockey over any other sport except a Crows AFL game :)

Anyway - the Winnipeg Jets supporters have a great way of supporting the team - they create a whiteout.

maxresdefault.jpg

wpg-whiteout-jets-party.png

It made me wonder if we could do a BLACK-OUT?

Crows are black, it would look awesome and intimidating. Also has the nice little side story of being "without Power". :) I can see Crows eyes / beak on all black shirts and jumpers.

Thoughts?

The idea has merit to create an intimidating atmosphere. I think it would work great for final, esp a prelim.

However to get everyone to be on board would be challenging to say the least. I dont think it would work here tbh.

I like the idea of a blue-out, yellow-out, or red-out - for finals.

You'd get massive buy in for a final I reckon.

The white-out is awesome in Winnipeg, and many other clubs do it as well. In fact, the white-out originated when the original Jets (now the Arizona Coyotes) did it in response to the 'C of Red' the Calgary Flames had (and still have) for a playoff series in the 1980's. Arizona continue the legacy today - could get awkward if they ever meet in a Playoff series :D

It has to be one of the club colours though. Besides, the 36ers do a 'Black out' match each year, and to me it's weird because black isn't one of their colours.

Last edited:

The white-out is awesome in Winnipeg, and many other clubs do it as well. In fact, the white-out originated when the original Jets (now the Arizona Coyotes) did it in response to the 'C of Red' the Calgary Flames had (and still have) for a playoff series in the 1980's. Arizona continue the legacy today - could get awkward if they ever meet in a Playoff series :D

It has to be one of the club colours though. Besides, the 36ers do a 'Black out' match each year, and to be it's weird because black isn't one of their colours.
54000 in yellow would look amazing

It has to be one of the club colours though. Besides, the 36ers do a 'Black out' match each year, and to me it's weird because black isn't one of their colours.
I didn't know the 36ers did a black out.

Still think a heap of black crow tops would be the go... But apparently I'm not in tune with the supporter base. Maybe I should get job at AFL head office

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Back