Gaborone

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2007
North Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwich City FC
Lethalselbow provided a pretty interesting list of posters on this website in relation to the AL Clarkson poll. If you look through the 60+ posters who voted sack him now, how many of them were Hawthorn supporters and how many of them trolls?

I am happy for genuine Hawthorn supporters to air their views about Hawthorn matters, even if they disagree with mine but why (and how), on the Hawthorn board, is it possible for trolls to get involved?

I am happy to provide my Hawthorn membership number to allow me to post or vote on the Hawthorn website. Perhaps it is time that Big Footy Hawthorn forum built it into the system.

People of differing opinions aren't necessarily trolls. And people are entitled to their opinions. Re trolls: the mod team do a lot of work behind the scenes identifying bogus accounts and the like. When we're certain, we card 'em. if the account is set up purely to troll, I'll nuke it.

This board seeks to foster an environment where a range of opinions, divergent and pro Hawthorn, can be discussed. It's open to all. And the rules are firmly in place.

Just as a side note: I don't like the name and shame mentality, or people being decried as anti Hawthorn simply because they have another opinion. There are some people on that hitlist who's credentials and links to Hawthorn might surprise a few.

In short: this forum won't be changing the way we got to market. Feel free to play the ball and attack opinions with a considered argument, don't play the poster and leave the trolls to us.

That's me out for the mod team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back