Review Is It Time For Roo To Go?

Should Roo Go?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone involved in the recruitment of Burton should go.

I assume Roo drove it, that front runner Chapman and Mechanism Clearing w***er supported it, so they can all piss off.
For me that is part of the trouble. Everyone is assuming and until we know the facts its difficult to pin the responsibility on anyone individual. I know we all want those responsible to beheld accountable and by that I mean they need to be moved on but we need to know who made the calls.

For me that is part of the trouble. Everyone is assuming and until we know the facts its difficult to pin the responsibility on anyone individual. I know we all want those responsible to beheld accountable and by that I mean they need to be moved on but we need to know who made the calls.

Again, my concern is that self interest will trump all, and the facts won’t come out.

We’ve seen it happen time and time again.

Even mid season, Fagan, Roo and Chapman all went to ground - they made Pyke front up with Burton in one of the most shambolic press conferences I can remember. Chapman was effectively doorstopped at the Airport announcement because he wouldn’t address it elsewhere, and Fagan disappeared up his own mechanism / right until Sloane re-signed.

As far as I’m concerned, they’ve forfeited the right to the benefit of the doubt.

I agree...but it falls with the CEO, not baord member
Your correct on the CEO but what is his limited knowledge base of AFL on field positions. Did he have any advisers and for that position does he need to run it past the board. If a board member was his adviser then something smells.

Your correct on the CEO but what is his limited knowledge base of AFL on field positions. Did he have any advisers and for that position does he need to run it past the board. If a board member was his adviser then something smells.

Perhaps that is what the COO should be doing?

- Continues to keep Campo and Clarke when they'rent good enough and brought in Birdman and Haas basically 2 rejects from Brisbane.

Thoughts?

I don't think so. He shouldn't have any influence outside of a vote in the boardroom or any subcommittees that he's on. If he is wielding too much influence then I'd be looking in the direction of highly paid staff who are supposed to manage the operations of the club and understand fundamental management processes.

I would be asking, what are the AFC Ambassadors doing for the club?

797DDEF9-FB66-4A5F-9D14-F6C36FB8D346.jpeg

That’s a lot of powerful people. When was the last time Glenn Ridge represented the club?

David Hayes?

Wes Carr?

Have they offered their services to support club initiatives? Have they rolled out Callum Hann to engage with a potential corporate partner?

When was the last time any of them bought a ticket to a game?

It’s not the just the board who are the sycophants, this group of pissants take. Are we sure they are giving back?

View attachment 535453

That’s a lot of powerful people. When was the last time Glenn Ridge represented the club?

David Hayes?

Wes Carr?

Have they offered their services to support club initiatives? Have they rolled out Callum Hann to engage with a potential corporate partner?

It’s not the just the board who are the sycophants, this group of pissants take. Are we sure they are giving back?
Callum Hann has done a fair bit with the Crows Children's Foundation. Have also seen him in other publicity.

View attachment 535453

David Hayes?

Wes Carr?

Glenn Ridge used to host the fundraising gala auction. Haven't been recently so don't know if he still does.
I think they generally do what you'd expect ambassadors to do. Some probably more involved than others. Boof and Patty Mills tweet about the crows all the time, as does Ryan Fitzgerald.

Also, Prof. David David is not a pissant

Glenn Ridge used to host the fundraising gala auction. Haven't been recently so don't know if he still does.
I think they generally do what you'd expect ambassadors to do. Some probably more involved than others. Boof and Patty Mills tweet about the crows all the time, as does Ryan Fitzgerald.

Also, Prof. David David is not a pissant
What’s Double Dave done for the club ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your understanding is not quite right with Roo’s involvement

Yes Burton wanted to come me back to Adelaide however the club could have given him a lesser role in the footy Dept like Hass current role however Roo very much backing Burton for the higher role

My understanding is that there was 2-3 others candidates who went through the process and the feeling is that the decision was pre-determined and the AFC was just ticking the boxes
Who were the 2 or 3?

I don't know who that is. I just think you're expecting too much from ambassadors. They're just supporters with a higher profile. It's all just promotion.

And I'm not sure what it is you think they're "taking" from the club??

Now I've worked it out, I have no idea what he's done, apart from lending the club his name and profile i.e. been an ambassador

You can't plug different people into our current structure and expect different results. It doesnt matter who it is. Eventually they'll become part of the system, eventually their differing influence will be diluted, eventually they'll become part of it.

Until we have structures that genuinely allow for accountability at the top level, we'll never change from this pattern.

Don't put your faith in saviours, put your energy into demanding a club that has structures that demand best practice.

This is where Fagan fails because he's relying on Roo's opinion to ID quality football people.
To be fair, Roo does have a decent resume when it comes to footy!

He did headhunt Walsh, so he has got somethings right

Burton also had a good record for injuries last year

I don't know who that is. I just think you're expecting too much from ambassadors. They're just supporters with a higher profile. It's all just promotion.

And I'm not sure what it is you think they're "taking" from the club??
The Adelaide Football Club should be one of the most, if not THE most, influential networks in Adelaide.

I get why you have international ambassadors. They can’t be around the club day to day. But have them come by for a photo shoot when in town, have them post something on social media about the club when they can. It has benefits. Lleyton Hewitt has been very good at this. Mills too. It’s a great initiative we should build upon.

For those based in SA, I think you need something more than a title. The AFC is bigger than all the local ambassadors.

Key people of influence in SA should be lining up to be involved in the Adelaide Football Club. Having someone like Wes Carr on there just cheapens it.

The Adelaide Football Club should be one of the most, if not THE most, influential networks in Adelaide.

I get why you have international ambassadors. They can’t be around the club day to day. But have them come by for a photo shoot when in town, have them post something on social media about the club when they can. It has benefits. Lleyton Hewitt has been very good at this. Mills too. It’s a great initiative we should build upon.

For those based in SA, I think you need something more than a title. The AFC is bigger than all the local ambassadors.

Key people of influence in SA should be lining up to be involved in the Adelaide Football Club. Having someone like Wes Carr on there just cheapens it.
So you just have an issue that some of them don't have a high enough profile? That's okay, but I'm not sure it's harming anything.

You can't plug different people into our current structure and expect different results. It doesnt matter who it is. Eventually they'll become part of the system, eventually their differing influence will be diluted, eventually they'll become part of it.

Until we have structures that genuinely allow for accountability at the top level, we'll never change from this pattern.

Don't put your faith in saviours, put your energy into demanding a club that has structures that demand best practice.

Bingo! Well said.

How to demand such change?

So you just have an issue that some of them don't have a high enough profile? That's okay, but I'm not sure it's harming anything.
My issue is they are given a role and the club does nothing with it. It may not all be the ambassadors fault. They may jump at the chance to get involved.

But how is the club using their SA based ambassadors to connect with the local community and local commercial partners?

There is so much opportunity there and nothing is done with it, because the club is LAZY.

What I would do

Create like a golden key society

Series of breakfasts, lunches throughout the year

Annual membership $1,000

For that, you get in the club and invited to these events.

Why would you go? You are in the same room as Tex, Sloane, Pyke, Fages, Chapman.

And Professor David David.

And Lisa Wilkinson when she is in town. Only the most powerful woman on telly.

Kate Ellis. Graeme Goodings.

And Fitzy.

And they are on duty as ambassadors. It’s their job to make the room inclusive.

People pay thousands to be in the room with politicians.

People would pay thousands not to not be in that room.

Back