Think Tank Is it time to ban greyhound racing and horse racing for good?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Should we ban eating meat? Studies show we don’t need it to survive and I’m fairly certain the animals wouldn’t enjoy being slaughtered.

Also battery chickens don’t seem to lead such a joyous existence.
Everyone can at the very least get eggs from a farm or their own backyard chickens.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What would jokeys do if they’re not riding horses? Join the circus? Dwarf shows for football teams? Surely this is not humane??

I don’t think the anti-racing people have really thought through their position apart from being overly emotional about a horse being shot.
They can easily get jobs as a comedian, country sportsman night personality, baker, bottleshop attendant, uber driver, horse riding teacher and fat unemployed alcoholic.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I love my dogs. And they need to eat.

If we ban horse racing they'll have to eat Aardvarks or Pangolins or some such. Or the lips and arseholes that go into hotdogs. How bad a place would the world be if dogs and cats were eating all our hotdogs?

I think horses are a more environmentally friendly diet.

More efficient, too. These horses would never have been born were it not for racing. Then when they fail or get worn out, Scruffy chows down. Everybody is a winner.

You can't argue with that. It's a great system. Like zero carbon, but with fur.
It’s still cruel though and the only way to get dogs off it would be to go cold turkey.

We can ban horse racing if the Vegans agree to eat the horse meat of the old time race horses and their offspring. No wastage or unnecessarily cruelty in our society is the aim.

Crabapplepittard

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great to finally see a racing thread on the bay! Brilliant time of year this with the cups and the plate just around the corner. Love me dog racing too. Been following a trainer in nsw the last few months and absolutely cleaning up. As mentioned above massive day this Saturday with the Everest and the Caulfield cup. Going with explosive Jack in the cup. Haven’t done the form for much else yet. Be sure to post your winners here bay.

I recently watched a sport where a pack of dogs were abused, tortured and humiliated for the entertainment of thousands of live spectators.
I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed it.
I've included a video so everybody else can enjoy it too.
NSFW.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What would jokeys do if they’re not riding horses? Join the circus? Dwarf shows for football teams? Surely this is not humane??

I don’t think the anti-racing people have really thought through their position apart from being overly emotional about a horse being shot.
Eat?

Coach Hawthorn or be a Bigfooty moderator.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers
They can easily get jobs as a comedian, country sportsman night personality, baker, bottleshop attendant, uber driver, horse riding teacher and fat unemployed alcoholic.

Bring back dwarf throwing? I was only a little kid at the time. But I do remember there was controversy in the 80's about this.

It was banned I think. That is all I remember. I think I read about it in one of those People magazines, anyone remember them? It was only much later I discovered why the papers in those were always stuck.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Bring back dwarf throwing? I was only a little kid at the time. But I do remember there was controversy in the 80's about this.

It was banned I think. That is all I remember. I think I read about it in one of those People magazines, anyone remember them? It was only much later I discovered why the papers in those were always stuck.
St Kilda gave it a toss a couple of years back. Too bad they set him on fire as well.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Horse riding skills aren't easily transferable. Maybe go-cart racing, rodeo, nightclub robot bucking horse performer, show jumping, drover , lighthorse infantry man or comedic male stripper.
Otherwise they can get closer to their crim mates and make a dollar there.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Horse riding skills aren't easily transferable. Maybe go-cart racing, rodeo, nightclub robot bucking horse performer, show jumping, drover , lighthorse infantry man or comedic male stripper.
Otherwise they can get closer to their crim mates and make a dollar there.

Like you I don't like horse riding. But between the horse and the jocky, I've always wondered who was riding who.

Crabapplepittard

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great to hear some of the best Sydney jockeys have been given exemptions to ride in Melbourne for the carnival. Some crowds will be allowed at the track cup day. Things are slowly coming back to normal.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should we ban eating meat? Studies show we don’t need it to survive and I’m fairly certain the animals wouldn’t enjoy being slaughtered.

Also battery chickens don’t seem to lead such a joyous existence.
Anyone eating cage eggs is not only a piece of s**t but an absolute failure in life.

"Nah I can't afford the extra 10c an egg to buy something thats actually good for me rather than a nutrient depleted product of torture"

Imagine being that much of a poverty loser

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I recently watched a sport where a pack of dogs were abused, tortured and humiliated for the entertainment of thousands of live spectators.
I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed it.
I've included a video so everybody else can enjoy it too.
NSFW.

Might watch it again now that you've mentioned it...

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I've eaten horse a few times. In Italy, just saw it in the supermarket. We had our own kitchen so gave it a shot.

It seems to be marketed over there like kangaroo is here. Low fat, high protein etc. Like kangaroo there is a very small selection available, depending on the region. Mind you, it is a niche market, just like kangaroo is here. In most places you won't find it.

It tastes like beef, uncooked it looked darker. But once cooked I doubt you could tell the difference. It wasn't tough or anything.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I've eaten horse a few times. In Italy, just saw it in the supermarket. We had our own kitchen so gave it a shot.

It seems to be marketed over there like kangaroo is here. Low fat, high protein etc. Like kangaroo there is a very small selection available, depending on the region. Mind you, it is a niche market, just like kangaroo is here. In most places you won't find it.

It tastes like beef, uncooked it looked darker. But once cooked I doubt you could tell the difference. It wasn't tough or anything.
Swedish Meatballs at ikea…horse meat

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Anyone eating cage eggs is not only a piece of sh*t but an absolute failure in life.

"Nah I can't afford the extra 10c an egg to buy something thats actually good for me rather than a nutrient depleted product of torture"

Imagine being that much of a poverty loser

It might not occur to some people.

Vegan clothing is also a very easy option, more so than a vegan diet. Anyone can choose vegan clothes and live comfortably in them, if they pay attention.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Bullshit, it tastes like game, eg deer, moose, rabbit or fox. If you cook it in a casserole then yeah, it all tastes similar.
Swedish Meatballs at ikea…horse meat
Absolute bullshit. It’s illegal to process horse in Australia or Sweden. Idiot. 🤪🥊

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bullshit, it tastes like game, eg deer, moose, rabbit or fox. If you cook it in a casserole then yeah, it all tastes similar.

Absolute bullshit. It’s illegal to process horse in Australia or Sweden. Idiot. 🤪🥊

Well it didn't taste gamey at all. We bought it as steaks. We just cooked it in a fry pan with olive oil and the usual seasoning. Just like you would cook beef. We had no idea so gave it a shot.

Back