Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...coast-to-change-its-name-20160921-grl3qi.html

So i just read the following article and the author believes that its time that we change our name. However, im in the opposite camp and like our name and i think over time the name "West Coast" has become a symbol of this state. I also don't like the name Perth Eagles and i don't think it has a good ring to it either.

I am interested see how many fans agree with the author of this article because prior to this article, i thought nearly all our fans loved our current name.

Hell no. West Coast is a great name for a club. Unique in that it's not a place name, but not corny or "American" (contrary to the writers belief).

If we changed anything it would be our very mundane song. Get the guy from Cat Empire (?) who wrote the GWS song.

looFsIu.gif

It's going to be a long offseason if this is what journos are scrounging around for this early in proceedings.

Cowan is a mad Eagles fan and pretty knowledgable but that's some utter rubbish.

Interesting he says the name West Coast "seems so American" then later on points out that across two U.S. major leagues the only similar example is the Golden State Warriors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's for these reasons that the Eagles' use of slogans like "The West is Ours" and "The West is United" has made me cringe in the past couple of years, especially when they were getting beaten by Freo.

Yes the "West is Ours" was kinda cringeworthy when it first came out especially since at the end of 2014 we did seem to be freos bitches

Since then though we've won three of the four derbies, including the last 3, and finished both seasons ranked higher than the muppets down the road

Just saying

I think just the word 'Kangaroos' has a wonderful ring to it. Let's use that.

Back