General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

That looks crap. 90s Fremantle crap.

I reckon the monogram in a shield with aviator wings on the design somewhere is all we need.
I only really linked that logo for the logo on the guy's chest. The monogram with the shield. That's exactly what I want. No grey in the logo. Simply red and black. I like the monogram and the shape of the shield around it. I'm not good at photoshopping so I'm not even going to bother.

I'm really not a fan of anything else. If we are going to change, let's go to a simple logo. If we want to change to another plane logo, then I really like our current one and therefore, no need of changing.

Supplements are so last year. I reckon sports psychology will be the next big thing. Brainwash players into forgetting to feel pain or soemthing.

So basically the club is all becoming scientologists?

If this happens mods will have to shut down the HTB because it will now be religious persecution

I can’t use photoshop but I’ll describe it for somebody who can

Core of the logo is a simple black shield with the red sash.

The top left black section features the red heritage logo (EFC)

The bottom right features a simple, red ‘1871’

Above the logo is ESSENDON Football Club is an appropriate font (personal bugbear of mine – we’re Essendon Football Club – not a suburb, not a local council)

Below is “Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re”, also in appropriate font

No 3D colours or pictures or cartoons, just strong, distinct reds and blacks.

• It’s simple and clean
• It has the most simple and enduring symbol of the club at its heart: the red sash
• It recognises our status as one of the oldest football clubs in the country
• It recognises the original motto of the club and our attempts to rebuild ourselves on that
• It has different features that can be pulled apart and used as required: ie just the shield, which is instantly recognisable on its own, or just the heritage logo. The words above and below can be added and deleted depending on the application

I'm not convined we are chanting it either. I have a little suspicion that Ryan was toying with a few with that tweet.

A few weeks ago Blitz sweeted Campbell strongly not to change the logo, X didn;t say much just tweeted a thumbs up back.

I just wonder more if Ryan has tweeted all that for a laugh to gague BB reaction

1. Bomberblitz ‏@BomberblitzCom Sep 23
      @XCampbell79 Please don't change the club's logo.

1. Xavier Campbell ‏@XCampbell79 Sep 23
    @BomberblitzCom ??

2. Bomberblitz ‏@BomberblitzCom Sep 23
    @xcampbell79 …and our logo is still awesome

Xavier Campbell ‏@XCampbell79 Sep 23
    @BomberblitzCom
    1f44d.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the current logo. I also think any change would need too include a plane. While we are the bombers we need a bomber in our logo.

Fine with him interacting.

With known mouthbreathing knuckledraggers?

Not so much.
Who defines that line though?

End of the day too, I'm not convinced a Logo change will do anything At the very least not without a deeper campaign Even then I see the logo as only a tiny park of that It's not the logo people associate with the saga as it is the same to me

Logo change seems a knee jerk reaction

Who defines that line though?

End of the day too, I'm not convinced a Logo change will do anything At the very least not without a deeper campaign Even then I see the logo as only a tiny park of that It's not the logo people associate with the saga as it is the same to me

Logo change seems a knee jerk reaction
The logo alone won't do much, but the club really needs to go on the warpath to try and change perceptions and rebranding should be a part of that.

Back