Opinion Is it time to change the Essendon logo?

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a shade darker again. They darken it slightly nearly every year and this is another step.

It makes sense from a branding point of view, darker colours are more striking which is often what a rebrand is about - making an impact.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
They could all use some refining but these are the best ideas so far. I get what you're going for with the bottom left one but as was said, it just ends up looking like a recoloured Target logo. It might be worth adding a plane to it like the Winnipag Jets have.

I really don't think the sash needs to be on the logo, none of the concepts that try it look very good and it's just unnecessary.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Monograms are okay. But not as a main logo.

If we get rid of a plane off the logo we may as well get rid of the bombers part of our name.

Monograms for logos reek of Carlton. Funnily enough the demons have been trying to be Carlton for years with their tanking.

Mar 5, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
Monograms are okay. But not as a main logo.

If we get rid of a plane off the logo we may as well get rid of the bombers part of our name.

Monograms for logos reek of Carlton. Funnily enough the demons have been trying to be Carlton for years with their tanking.
I was actually going to make the point that the only clubs in the league that don't use their nickname in their logo are Carlton (because blue is a colour), Fremantle (for legal reasons) and GWS (super modern logo thing). Not sure what Melbourne's excuse is - probably something to do with being the first club.

Remove this Banner Ad