Opinion Is it time to change the Essendon logo?

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This year is our 150th year, we turn 150 at the end of it. So the celebrations would be next year 🤔

Same as when a baby is born it has its first year and then it turns 1 at the end of it.
I thought Essendon was officially founded in 1872?

The wikipedia page says this:
Founded1872; 149 years ago

Google says the same thing

ghostdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I like the current logo, but a new logo aligning with a rebuild, AFLW admission and 150th has shiny and new written all over it. We're one of the only clubs that hasn't rebranded since the first iteration of the AFL. I reckon it will be in 2022; the stars will be in alignment.

Molian

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I liked the 80s style VFL logo. Something like that would make me happy.
I like the 90s cartoon too but not sure about it as an official logo.
I am also a big fan of the EFC monogram (2014 members badge had it) and that would be my pick.

Edit: one of them.

Resized_20210408_163631.jpeg

staaation

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Please no cartoon logo. I'd rather a serious and professional looking logo like Port's or a simple re-design like Collingwood and Sydney.
the cartoon plane has a kinda campy retro quality like the celtics logo that is infinitely better than trying to make a slick cool sharp edged modern bomber

Call Me Cake

I'll brb
Jun 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I would say if we are to use a plane design, then it would require the plane being shown with it's nose closer to the top (as per troybe's design earlier).

Also, if we use an outline or sheild - then it should be so that there is no pointy part on the bottom.

Those are my musts.

Mr Bultitude

All Australian
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Would like to see something simple and less noisy. Port and Freo have the best logos going imo. They both nailed their rebrand. Even Carlton, gives off that old school Yankees vibe. I find most of the AFL logos too cartoonish.

Also perhaps not use the entire plane image, something like a propeller motif I've always thought would be nice and clean. I have all these ideas in my head but have no shooping abilities!

EDIT I also don't like the current font on out logo. Employing some form of a stencil style font would have an "air force" lean to it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad