General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

lol.. I just currently found this thread.

What a joke... You don't have much information to back your point, except that you just don't like the Bombers logo.

If we were to use a ratio of Location to Population and compare that stat with all teams membership numbers in the AFL, we would be in top 3 overall for the most ammount of Memberships purchased in density for the AFL.

Clubs like Adelaide and West Coast get way more Members because they obviously just don't have much to contend with, other than their one singled rivals from the same state... Compare that to us and the other 9 clubs we have to contend with, in Victoria, in which we have to try and obtain members from a dense area full of other AFL clubs who are too fighting with us to obtain members for their clubs... We should be happy with the amount of members we have and should also be proud that we're the most secure club financially in the AFL. Excluding the recent stock market crash which effected all clubs really.

I like our current logo. It has zoompf!

My only complaint would be that it is seems a bit overly complex at times. But maybe that's the key to a good logo, you notice it's complexity when you look at it in depth.

My main worry is if we got a new one I might not like it!

For instance, this one, just quickly, has potential. You change the orange to red, make the bomber bigger, tweak a few things, and you have a pretty cool logo. If they ever did change it, imo, they should go OLD-SCHOOL bomber, like WW2, rather than a modern one.

2185980020_aed2bc52ae_o.jpg

i like our logo but something that slightly irritates me about it is the plane is flying down(as if its gonna crash) and our song says "see the bombers fly up".
i wouldnt mind seeing a more realistic bomber but there doesnt really seem like a huge need to change it right now.

also i dont think our logo should be on our jumper. it'll make us too much like st. kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I appreciate the time a Port mod is putting into redesigning our logo (along with failing to understand why they would want to on any level).. that's awful.

Cos it's a good sunny day outside, and im sick at home, so whiling away the hours. Just throwing some concepts out there. We all know it's never going to change etc.

I dont usually jump into opposition team boards to brag over a win, but I MAY do that (on invitation it seems) just to get chased out lol. That's if we even win chipping the ball to every inch of the field bar the forward 50.

You're always welcome here gg but of course once we are through with you Rnd 1 i doubt you will want to turn up :p

You're always welcome here gg but of course once we are through with you Rnd 1 i doubt you will want to turn up :p

Thank-you. Tho Im not sure how welcome after that horrendous "stealth logo" I did. (tho i do think the first one i did is awesomeness). And I'm not afraid to show up even after a loss....just be sure to have that Benny Hill tune handy.

Back