General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

OzBomber

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2006
Walton Breck Rd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ricciardo
I love all the older designs but you want to promote to youth and people that are not bomber supporters yet. TBH i dont even care what our logo looks like i already support essendon. Something like the Western Bulldogs logo is great for the younger crowd.
A cartoon plane is something that can be used for the Auskick kids and mascot manor.

And let's be honest, it's not the logo that will entice people to become Bomber fans, it's wins on the field. You can have the best looking logo in the world but if you're not winning it means nothing.

New Melbourne logo looks pretty good IMO
Nah, they went too far in the opposite direction. From too much clutter and focus on heritage, to blandness and very little signifying where the club came from.

They peaked in the 70s:
17rJRMX.gif

Reality Check!

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Collingwood, Port Adelaide
The Melbourne logo is ******* terrible. Cluttered, bad use of gradients, random elements seemingly thrown all over the place.. seriously for any of you that think it's good please move to the USA because that logo is objectively BAD.

I have never liked our current logo apart from the fact we had our most successful season when it was introduced. Since then our fate has gone in the same direction the plane is facing.

On a side note can we change the mascot back to the original skeeta? I have never really been a fan of the concept of a mosquito but the current one makes me want to jump into the stadium and beat it to death.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marley10

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The Melbourne logo is ******* terrible. Cluttered, bad use of gradients, random elements seemingly thrown all over the place.. seriously for any of you that think it's good please move to the USA because that logo is objectively BAD.

I have never liked our current logo apart from the fact we had our most successful season when it was introduced. Since then our fate has gone in the same direction the plane is facing.

On a side note can we change the mascot back to the original skeeta? I have never really been a fan of the concept of a mosquito but the current one makes me want to jump into the stadium and beat it to death.
You do realise that Melbourne have changed their logo today, hence why people are commenting on it?

The new one doesn't have random elements, a bad use of gradients and isn't cluttered. That's the old one
Oh okay.. I thought the new one looked more American though and I can't see any gradients in the old one either. They're all solid colours. Whatever. I'm sure he'll clarify.

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I just got one of the New Era caps from the club shop with the EFC monogram. It looks great, as it would on loads of other merchandise. They seriously need to incorporate this into the next club logo, whenever that may be.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon

They could all use some refining but these are the best ideas so far. I get what you're going for with the bottom left one but as was said, it just ends up looking like a recoloured Target logo. It might be worth adding a plane to it like the Winnipag Jets have.
Winnipeg_Jets_2011.png

I really don't think the sash needs to be on the logo, none of the concepts that try it look very good and it's just unnecessary.

Back