General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

As it turns out, I had some time to kill in an airport today. Something like so?

i2NSU.jpg

I love our current one but given the past week, I won't be too annoyed if we change it. I'm happy to keep it the way it is, but if they change it then it's just gotta be this or something very similar. I love an old style look that really respects our 143 year history.

Okay I've dropped the flags and made my design a touch simpler upon taking on board feedback. I still wanted to include the monogram while trying to avoid a Carlton look-a-like. And I quite like the empty space in the bottom corner actually, something feels right about it. Traditional, yet unmistakably Essendon.

upload_2016-1-17_22-23-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-17_22-22-3.png
    upload_2016-1-17_22-22-3.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 14

Okay I've dropped the flags and made my design a touch simpler upon taking on board feedback. I still wanted to include the monogram while trying to avoid a Carlton look-a-like. And I quite like the empty space in the bottom corner actually, something feels right about it. Traditional, yet unmistakably Essendon.

What does it look like with a sash (rather than stripes)... like both a proper one (not straight), and also the straight sash thing we have atm?

I like the negative space.

I'd take away the inner circle and move the monogram to the bottom right corner. Or maybe have the monogram above the plane. The shield is to unbalanced as is.

EDIT: It would probably look better if you had it split into 4 squares. So clockwise from top-left could go sashes, plane, sashes, monogram.

I'd put the "bomber" in the top left and move the monogram circle to the bottom right. Then finally have the sash going the whole way across as is on the jumper. I think bringing the jumper into it like that would look really good.

That's better.

Final touches for me would be making the stripes go all the way, or having one solid sash like our jumper and removing all of the silver except the plane. With the circle around the monogram and the border of the shield, red would look better.

The plane is a civilian jet though: much more likely to get bombed than do the bombing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At first I was shocked about changing the logo, but now i see so many brilliant logos maybe we do need a change. You ppl rock

You could also leave the monogram in the centre, directly on the sash, like the Father-Son Academy guernsey (though inverse, obvs).

CGocnVqW0AAoIQL.png

Ok - obviously that's Tom Wllis in the middle and the one on the right is a Neagle but who are the rest of them - particularly the bloke on the left who's going bald? Embrace the bald son.

Ok - obviously that's Tom Wllis in the middle and the one on the right is a Neagle but who are the rest of them - particularly the bloke on the left who's going bald? Embrace the bald son.
Jett Bewick is curly hair and the one next to Wallis is Harvey Daniher.

Back