General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

Early Attempt, feedback appreciated

Can you invert the colours (black becomes red, red becomes black)? I'll call it 'interesting with potential'. I don't outright hate it, like a lot of attempts that people make at designing a new logo or clash jumper for us..

I still think the top right logo is the best one I've seen so far, although it could be tweaked a bit.
Planes in logos always seem to look either too simple, complicated or cartoony but incorporating into the shield like you did is perfect.
I've probably said it before but the sash isn't necessary for a logo and I haven't seen it incorporated particularly well in any designs. The logo should be treated as more of a symbol for the club than a summary of the club. Melbourne tried the latter only 5 years ago and have already changed it because it was a mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the new swans one compared to the old, And look what it's done for their team! Give us a new cool logo plz <3

I’d be happy with a rebrand.

Like it or not, that logo has drugs saga all over it.

150th year this year, would’ve been a nice opportunity- but you’d need a competent administration for that...

This year is our 150th year, we turn 150 at the end of it. So the celebrations would be next year 🤔

Same as when a baby is born it has its first year and then it turns 1 at the end of it.
I thought Essendon was officially founded in 1872?

The wikipedia page says this:
Founded1872; 149 years ago

Google says the same thing

Back