Is it time to release the Hunter?

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we have to lose besides the game and did that well last week anyway.

I don't believe we would be shattering his confidence because he has a angry gorilla inside that needs to be unleashed.

We have 2 other options and I don't think they provide what we need sadly. One is rare and the other is overcooked.

So let's see what the fella has got. He has waited long enough for the opportunity.

Let's throw caution to the wind. I know this is a foreign concept to the Adelaide Football Club.

If Sauce is this slow at the start of the season, then given our propensity to play him as long as he can walk, we're ****ed.

So yeah, why not?

Your negativity is endearing.
Surely ROB has earnt the right to be next in line for a shot at an AFL career before Hunter at this point in time? Hunter definitely showed improvement in the SANFL last year and has got off to a promising start in the SANFL trial games this season but ROB it is for me if Jacobs gets dropped.

Surely ROB has earnt the right to be next in line for a shot at an AFL career before Hunter at this point in time? Hunter definitely showed improvement in the SANFL last year and has got off to a promising start in the SANFL trial games this season but ROB it is for me if Jacobs gets dropped.
That's all I wanted was opinions not character assessment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play him, delist him, make him head of football for all I care.

Keeping him on the list for four years and not playing him is a waste of time. Just like we did with Dear.

Play him, delist him, make him head of football for all I care.

Keeping him on the list for four years and not playing him is a waste of time. Just like we did with Dear.
It's a free holiday though

Unfortunately I think the only reason Sauce is still getting a game is we don't have anyone better. That may change over the course of the year but I'll say it's a lot easier to see the reasons an A grade player is now a C, versus whether current D grade players will ever get better than that. In other words, it's easy to complain but it's a lot harder to find a solution.

Why we didn't move heaven and earth to get Preuss is beyond me.

Unfortunately I think the only reason Sauce is still getting a game is we don't have anyone better. That may change over the course of the year but I'll say it's a lot easier to see the reasons an A grade player is now a C, versus whether current D grade players will ever get better than that. In other words, it's easy to complain but it's a lot harder to find a solution.

Because nobody wanted to be the one to tell Sauce he wasn't playing because we now have Pruess on the list.

All valid points but we have never ''rested'' Jacobs because '' he thrives on continuity'' . Part of player development has always been picking a player to play while resting the senior player , or having the senior player on the pine or hidden on the field.

Even if you discount ROB and his injury in 2018. Then 2017, 2016 were opportunities. 2 games in 2016 as a 20 yr old was good. Against the Lions he had 29 HO as a 20 yr old. The following week he had 18 against Sandilands who had 28 HO. Both games late in the season so look forward to 2017. What happened? Was he injured? Or did the Premiership tilt stop his momentum.

We dont have anyone better because we dont want to find out

Does Hunter have any desire to get the ball around the ground?

Yes - play him
No - we already have Sauce

Did you read the report on Preuss on the weekend? Was smashed around the ground at VFL level. His tap work is good, but he's not the answer for a mobile ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back