Is it time to release the Hunter?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Hunter's mobility and aggression but O'Brien has earned the first chance as Sauce's replacement.
I am of this opinion too but how long are we going to persist with Sauce and his inept performances?

I'd say as far as the eye can see.

You're saying why didn't we play him in 2017? Maybe because we were challenging for a flag?
And I recognised that in my post. I still think there was/should have been opportunities to give ROB a few more games in 2017. It saves Jacobs from a long season and shows a bit more of ROB

I never have seen Hunter play tbh. But i hear he is doing well in the SANFL. What I do know is sauce is finished and most teams have a good chuckle when they know they are playing him. I would play Jenkins in the ruck as he is s**t in the forward line. Would pick Himmelberg if fit to play the Jenkins role and interchange both in the ruck. Would go with a forward line of:
Davis Walker/Keath Knight
Betts Himmelberg/Fogarty Gallucci.

Couldn't be any worse than our current forward line . If Walkers decline continues would play Keath up forward in Walkers spot and Hartigan down back. Would drop Lynch.

Last edited:
I never have seen Hunter play tbh. But i hear he is doing well in the SANFL. What I do know is sauce is finished and most teams have a good chuckle when they know they are playing him. I would play Jenkins in the ruck as he is s**t in the forward line. Would pick Himmelberg if fit to play the Jenkins role and interchange both in the ruck. Would go with a forward line of:
Davis Walker/Keath Knight
Betts Himmelberg/Fogarty Gallucci.

Couldn't be any worse than our current forward line which is garbage. If Walkers decline continues would play Keath up forward in Walkers spot and Hartigan down back. Would drop Lynch.
Something I saw last week that I have never seen from Riley Knight.

More than once having possession and second guessing himself.

Is it a lack of self-confidence or confidence in his teammates?

Something I saw last week that I have never seen from Riley Knight.

More than once having possession and second guessing himself.

Is it a lack of self-confidence or confidence in his teammates?
I would say it's mixed messages from different coaches. Coaches not on the same page. Not a good sign. You can see it in our play that there is no confidence. This is coaching or lack thereof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB in 2016 was smashing some sides getting 40+ hit outs on a number of occasions. Kicking 3 goals going forward in one game. Started well again in 2017 then had problems with is back. Last year had problems all year with his Shoulder. Now that has been fixed im expecting him to back to his 2016 form and pushing Sauce out and into retirement at the end of they year. People forget hes only 23. 24 in August. Thats the same age a Sauce was when he came to us.

ROB in 2016 was smashing some sides getting 40+ hit outs on a number of occasions. Kicking 3 goals going forward in one game. Started well again in 2017 then had problems with is back. Last year had problems all year with his Shoulder. Now that has been fixed im expecting him to back to his 2016 form and pushing Sauce out and into retirement at the end of they year. People forget hes only 23. 24 in August. Thats the same age a Sauce was when he came to us.
I don't think ROB is the answer. Is basically a Sauce clone. I made my mind up down at the driver range 18 months ago. Was down there having a practice session and along comes one ROB. Knew it was him. So i thought to myself i know he can't kick but can he swing a golf cub? No disrespect but he was hitting some of the most horrible shots I've seen. The point is he is not coordinated at all and I thought then and there that he will never play for the crows. If he could kick for goal he would but a golf swing tells a lot about a person.

I'm sure we have developed a pension plan. When you're ready to retire, tell us, we won't push you out.

I don't think ROB is the answer. Is basically a Sauce clone. I made my mind up down at the driver range 18 months ago. Was down there having a practice session and along comes one ROB. Knew it was him. So i thought to myself i know he can't kick but can he swing a golf cub? No disrespect but he was hitting some of the most horrible shots I've seen. The point is he is not coordinated at all and I thought then and there that he will never play for the crows. If he could kick for goal he would but a golf swing tells a lot about a person.
Richard Douglas isn't a bad golfer. Played a round behind at the Pat but that was before his form started to decline.

Richard Douglas isn't a bad golfer. Played a round behind at the Pat but that was before his form started to decline.
Yeah I couldn't believe how bad ROB was. Poor fellow. Was there with his missus. Not a good way to impress her with a swing like went through my mind.

Yeah I couldn't believe how bad ROB was. Poor fellow. Was there with his missus. Not a good way to impress her with a swing like went through my mind.
I hope his medical career augers well.

expecting him to back to his 2016 form and pushing Sauce out and into retirement at the end of they year. People forget hes only 23. 24 in August. Thats the same age a Sauce was when he came to us.

1. Sauce is cooked now. He may show bursts against sides but he is done
2. You should never manage both players careers on how old the replacement is.

In a perfect world Sam goes right through to a flag and retires after that and ROB comes in next year. But its the right now that concerns

Your not serious with the golf swing example are you,
Personally I would prefer watching a player play football and judging him on that. Find it gives me a better picture.

If it cheers you up a bit, Tex is a spud on the golf course as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back