Strategy Is it time to turn our attention elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My Port Adelaide amigos. Australian Rules Football is in decline. The game as it is being played is at times nonsensical, farcical and increasing hard to watch. Gone are the days of your Daniel Motlops, your Matthew Richardsons, your full-flight Matthew Broabents bringing the house down. Umpires are now at the forefront of football, with the political landscape of the league now almost a bigger event than the competition itself. The inconsistencies in regards to rules, suspensions, and concessions from team to team have sent the code down a slippery slope, one I don't think it can climb back from. It is only a matter of time before a revolution will inevitably occur and the game as we know it will no longer exist.

So I ask, is it time the Port Adelaide Football Club turn its attention to the pursuit of another endeavour? We could look at diversifying our interests in to ice-cream production, for instance. Or our own brand of fish sauce. Perhaps with our venture to China recently, we could look at the current market trends in China and try our luck there? Think dumplings, cheap manufacturing, soy beans etc.

Let's take a look at our list and break down in to what else we could be getting these guys doing.

Matthew Broadbent already has a last name similar to broadband, let's get him to head our new telecommunications company.

Jack Watts was born to make lightbulbs.

Let's send Ollie Wines out to the Barossa and see what happens.

C'mon guys let's get the ball rolling on some contingency ideas if this whole football thing falls through. What have you got?

orig

My Port Adelaide amigos. Australian Rules Football is in decline. The game as it is being played is at times nonsensical, farcical and increasing hard to watch. Gone are the days of your Daniel Motlops, your Matthew Richardsons, your full-flight Matthew Broabents bringing the house down. Umpires are now at the forefront of football, with the political landscape of the league now almost a bigger event than the competition itself. The inconsistencies in regards to rules, suspensions, and concessions from team to team have sent the code down a slippery slope, one I don't think it can climb back from. It is only a matter of time before a revolution will inevitably occur and the game as we know it will no longer exist.

So I ask, is it time the Port Adelaide Football Club turn its attention to the pursuit of another endeavour? We could look at diversifying our interests in to ice-cream production, for instance. Or our own brand of fish sauce. Perhaps with our venture to China recently, we could look at the current market trends in China and try our luck there? Think dumplings, cheap manufacturing, soy beans etc.

Let's take a look at our list and break down in to what else we could be getting these guys doing.

Matthew Broadbent already has a last name similar to broadband, let's get him to head our new telecommunications company.

Jack Watts was born to make lightbulbs.

Let's send Ollie Wines out to the Barossa and see what happens.

C'mon guys let's get the ball rolling on some contingency ideas if this whole football thing falls through. What have you got?
Mate, I follow BRAZILIAN SOCCER. Footy will survive. As our neighbors say: "la pelota no se mancha." ("The ball is immaculate.")

Ebo and TJ are starting up a wine company called Hey Diddle so we’ve already got the wine sector locked :padlock: up :arrowup:. All we need is DBJ and Pittard to get in on the wine sector just for the memes. I can’t think of anyone else who might fit into this sector in anyway. I also think that we should intertwine with our South Australian brothers in the Club 4 all South Australian Crows and create a bocce representative franchise for the Canadian Premiere Competition of Zimbabwe. That would be clean. Happy days. Could we also get Robbie Gray to sell blue paint because that is the colour I and others associate with him. I know it’s contROVERSIAL BUT PErhaps we should take a leaf out of our American border-m8s and follow the athletes in the NBA (that’s Natural :basketball:ball :peach:ossiation) and their p l e t h o r a of singing basket ballers. Perhaps we can form a rap quartet called the Bearded bubblers with Dickson, West Hoff, and bringing back #RedraftButcher and honourable clubman Jack Trengrove. To quote an AFL advertisement from my childhood “Now that’s what I’d like2 see}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back