Toast Is it to soon to rename the goal of the year award to the Eddie Betts medal?

Should the goal of the year award be renamed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah youā€™re right, Iā€™m sure a playerā€™s build has no effect on how they play against the rest of the comp

Next youā€™ll be saying a 5ft guy can be the best basketball player
It's about how they played against players from their era in 50 years when midfielders are all 6'6"+ will that mean that Dusty wasn't as good as them during his era?

I thought there was already the Cloke/Richo award? šŸ¤£

There should be a medal for the best emergency sub in the GF. We should call it the Nathan Joneā€¦ oh wait, we canā€™t because you guys decided to backstab/rob your own captain of a premiership medal. I donā€™t think you even activated the sub! Ironically you still call yourselves a ā€œselflessā€ club

There should be a medal for the best emergency sub in the GF. We should call it the Nathan Joneā€¦ oh wait, we canā€™t because you guys decided to backstab/rob your own captain of a premiership medal. I donā€™t think you even activated the sub! Ironically you still call yourselves a ā€œselflessā€ club
This is the dumbest s**t I've ever read.
For starters Jonesy wasn't even the captain and hadn't played a game since round 7 but ok

It's about how they played against players from their era in 50 years when midfielders are all 6'6"+ will that mean that Dusty wasn't as good as them during his era?

If the average midfielder is nearly 7 foot and 120kg+ in the future, then yes. Dusty would not be able to dominate the game as he would today. No biases here. I doubt humans would even get that tall/big though, they are already clumsy at 2m+.

This is the dumbest s**t I've ever read.
For starters Jonesy wasn't even the captain and hadn't played a game since round 7 but ok

Former captain obviously. Did he need to? Couldā€™ve made him the sub you didnā€™t even use. We debuted Pickett in the 2019 GF cause we knew we were that good to still win. You guys must not have been that confident. Unfortunately, you made his career one of the most tragic in the history of the game. Well done.

Back