Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player in losing team doesn't poll coaches votes... Shocking
but goes to show that high supercoach and possessions doesnt equate to a good game

Anyone who argues that it does is a moron

Macrae is a lot more than just those 2 things though
Last 2 weeks have been his most productive in terms of stats & SC points and yet no coaches votes from his own coach and other coaches.

I'm starting to feel quite vindicated.

I don’t think any player can be genuinely judged until they’ve had to deal with taggers or opposition attention. I’m not sure Macrae has been tagged in his life as any time someone tags they go to Bont (or Libba on the weekend), so you can’t get a true measure of how good he is.

If you put majority of midfielders in the Dogs team, who play a very high possession game, most would rack up 30+ week in and week out as Macrae does.

But you can only play the role you’re given and Macrae does it very well. I just think majority of mids in the same position would deliver very similar results.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think any player can be genuinely judged until they’ve had to deal with taggers or opposition attention. I’m not sure Macrae has been tagged in his life as any time someone tags they go to Bont (or Libba on the weekend), so you can’t get a true measure of how good he is.

If you put majority of midfielders in the Dogs team, who play a very high possession game, most would rack up 30+ week in and week out as Macrae does.

But you can only play the role you’re given and Macrae does it very well. I just think majority of mids in the same position would deliver very similar results.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're right, he's not tagged often. The last time I can remember him tagged Bont was out and Touk Miller went to him in 2018. From memory Miller did pretty well in the first half but Macrae exploded in the second and ended up with 40 touches, 12 clearances and kicked 1.1

Probably suffering from Rockliff Syndrome, lots of touches but the perception is that his impact with them is below what someone else getting those number of touches would achieve.

It’s a bit like that. A lot of clueless nuffies that enjoy putting their idiocy on show.

Macrae’s role in the team is an extractor and distributor. He’s a middle man who’s high footy IQ gives the Dogs the best option more often than not. We’d be a significantly poorer team without him in it, and like Libba rely on his talent and consistency more than most. Yes some games he’s more damaging than others, but name one player who isn’t.

Anyone who says otherwise, is either a troll, doesn’t understand football or doesn’t watch the Bulldogs. Take your pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a little bit anonymous tonight in comparsion to Bont, Daniel, Hunter, even Smith - regardless he is still close to the most consistent player in the comp, the Dogs are able to go in to each and every game completely confident of what they'll get from Macrae.

Just the 98 SC points :/

Macrae's first below 100 score this season.

Luckily was only my vice captain loop hole option.

Have a good weekend :thumbsu:
98 points. Still would have been Davis-Uniacke’s best game of the season. Have a s**t one you salty man. The only reason this thread was created 😂😂

a little bit anonymous tonight in comparsion to Bont, Daniel, Hunter, even Smith - regardless he is still close to the most consistent player in the comp, the Dogs are able to go in to each and every game completely confident of what they'll get from Macrae.
He has a lot of these 35 touch anonymous games

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Even Smith lol? He had 14 touches and completely butchered it all night. And gave up Geelongs second last goal of the game when he failed to spot his opponents mark in defensive 50. Macrae had 35 lol.

His worst game in a very long time. Every player has them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back