Roast Is Jack Trengove the new Brick Mclean?

Remove this Banner Ad

The only club who could stuff up a 1-2 punch so badly the year after stuffing up a number 1 pick the year after blowing a number 4 pick
Sounds like you're forgetting the #3 and #5 picks from 2003 draft :rolleyes:

I shed a tear when I think back to some of Melbournes finest moments, then I shed a bucketload when I think about everything from about 2000 Prelim Onwards
Here is a deluded comment re Mister Potential - Jarrod Waite -we all need a laugh:

jarrad-waite.jpg

Sylvia and McLean are two of the best performed players from that draft.
Fair point, it was a bloody terrible pool - just our luck, typically.

I would have taken these ahead of McLean and Sylvia tho:
Brent Stanton
David Mundy
Jed Adcock
Sam Fisher
Michael Rischitelli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many people sticking the boot into Trenners on Facebook and Twitter. It's a bit embarrassing.

Look I was pretty quick to call for him to be dropped but it doesnt fill me with satisfaction to see it happen, there is no way having Trengove running around at Casey is helping to improve this football club. Now that hes been dropped I hope he gets 45 down at Casey and kicks 4 and rediscovers his passion for the game or whatever it is thats missing

Look I was pretty quick to call for him to be dropped but it doesnt fill me with satisfaction to see it happen, there is no way having Trengove running around at Casey is helping to improve this football club. Now that hes been dropped I hope he gets 45 down at Casey and kicks 4 and rediscovers his passion for the game or whatever it is thats missing
Maybe Trenners having a run down at Casey is exactly what we need to help improve the club.

I know it's fashionable to come in and pot Neeld, and I try to avoid doing it when it's clearly not justified, but you have to wonder how much the captaincy hampered Trengove's development. You'd think if he wasn't made captain he would have been dropped a fair few times before this, and maybe he would have learned resilience, gained some drive and hunger, who knows. He just looks lost out on the footy field at the moment (in both a mental sense and a physical sense).

Hope he comes back strong.

I know it's fashionable to come in and pot Neeld, and I try to avoid doing it when it's clearly not justified, but you have to wonder how much the captaincy hampered Trengove's development. You'd think if he wasn't made captain he would have been dropped a fair few times before this, and maybe he would have learned resilience, gained some drive and hunger, who knows. He just looks lost out on the footy field at the moment (in both a mental sense and a physical sense).

That is a very good point, He should have been dropped a number of times but wasnt and I also believe Dean Bailey was at fault for this
How many times did we play a shithouse game in 10/11 with Moloney, Green, Sylvia, Davey under performing only for them to turn it on the week after against weaker opposition
Alot of these guys were probably told from day dot that they are special or they are long term players for the club with a future and dont understand what its like to fight for a spot week to week

This is something I don't blame Neeld for. Wasn't it the playing group decision? I suppose Brad Green could of kept the captaincy. I do agree Trengrove struggled and but was undroppable.

This is something I don't blame Neeld for. Wasn't it the playing group decision? I suppose Brad Green could of kept the captaincy. I do agree Trengrove struggled and but was undroppable.

That's a good point. It's always been painted by the media as Neeld's decision, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. Surely though as head coach his opinion would hold significant weight in the final say.

I just hope roosy is managing him closely, supporting him from a mental well being point of view.

I don't see any reason he should get a different level of support to other guys on our list though. Definitely encourage him to find his form, let him know just how good he can be, but don't give him preferential treatment.

Maybe Trenners having a run down at Casey is exactly what we need to help improve the club.

Roosy probably wants to see hows Trenners responds, I'm sure he will bust his gut and get back into the seniors in a week or 2. I reckon Roosy wants him to work on his defensive running / positioning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back