Is Josh Kennedy our best ever recruit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on whether you mean best as a player or best for our club?

He'd be tied with Hall as best for our club.
But Buddy is the greatest we've had
ive loved the swans my entire life, but ive never loved watching a swans player more than buddy.

Buddy holding up the premiership cup would be an epic photo

You could add Maxfield to that list too.

This. Maxfield as captain was one of the players that brought in the bloods spirit and revitalized our club. Honestly, in my opinion, our best captain. (Yes, I have him as a better captain than Kelly, but not a better player.)

This. Maxfield as captain was one of the players that brought in the bloods spirit and revitalized our club. Honestly, in my opinion, our best captain. (Yes, I have him as a better captain than Kelly, but not a better player.)
Tiger fans still cheesed off he left.

Josh Kennedy deserves a thread more than Sam Reid

Has he ever actually played a poor game as a swans player? He has a couple of average games but not many, but have you ever seen him play and thought he was poor?

Yer when we lost against the tigers last year he went missing with his other midfield mates
He didn't play in that game.

Just tried to see if I had previously posted in this thread. Don't get me wrong, JK3 is amazing and one of the best football players. Would say though, s.maxfield is our best pick up as he helped create the bloods culture

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just tried to see if I had previously posted in this thread. Don't get me wrong, JK3 is amazing and one of the best football players. Would say though, s.maxfield is our best pick up as he helped create the bloods culture

There's only one Tony Lockett ...... one Toneeee Lockettttt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1993-2010 was a turning point for the Swans, when three champions, some of the finest captains in the AFL, set the foundations for the rebirth of The Bloods. Kelly was impossibly brave. Maxfield impossibly driven and Kirk impossibly focused. Given Maxfield was the only one of those recruited from outside you could well argue he had the biggest influence of any pickups to date.

Though JPK is, IMO, the better player, it's hard to ignore Maxfield's contribution, both as a player and especially in his captaincy. When he picked up the reins from Captain Courageous it seemed an impossible task, yet he took it on and continued to shape and build the Bloods culture. (He also had the sweetest long left foot on the run from outside 50 at full tilt).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club is renowned for turning careers around, however im trying to think of a recruit (not buddy, we knew he was going to be a superstar) that had come from nowhere and has had a similar impact as kennedy.

Was a fringe player at best at hawthorn having played 13 games in 2 seasons, no one could have predicted he would become the player he is today. Josh has been flat out beasting the league for the last 5 or so years with a good few years left in him yet.

when he arrived there was no way i thought hed become our best mid let alone the best contested ball player in the league?

Has there been a better player for our club coming from a speculative pick or trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back